Project Manager Job
This Project Manager will coordinate all activities of assigned engine development programs as directed. Candidates should expect to demonstrate an understanding of Diesel engine technology and development processes. The candidate needs to be able to work across multiple projects and teams across PACCAR to support assigned programs. The position will work with peers and managers at other PACCAR divisions to contribute to global alignment of engine development.
Job Functions / Responsibilities
• Coordinates all execution aspects of assigned programs as directed.
• Liaises with the Test Management group on the execution of the Vehicle Test Plan in collaboration with the Line Leads and Project Lead Engineers.
• Builds, manages, and tracks software and calibration content reviews and Go/No Go meetings with senior management.
• Liaises with the Software Configuration Management team to facilitate seamless software signoff process for PACCAR Technical Center Engine Integration and Validation Teams.
• Gathers inputs, builds and delivers software stakeholder management packages for applicable projects.
• Gathers inputs, builds and delivers hardware content reviews.
• Provides input to the development and maintenance of the program budget.
• Communicates the status of assigned aspects of programs to engineering and program management.
• Understands and works to resolve roadblocks impacting delivery of the program.
• Liaises with program leads or equivalent across the global organization on the status of the execution of assigned programs.
• Coordinates input and communication for Product Creation Process and tollgate processes.
• Works on day-to-day basis with North American PACCAR Embedded System Development Team leads and Managers to ensure adequate and timely support for program execution.
• Works with the Embedded Engineering Lead Process Engineer to communicate and coordinate the Global Software Configuration plan for NA PACCAR.
• BS in appropriate technical field preferred.
• PMP Certificate preferred.
• 3 years of demonstrated individual contribution in that technical field.
• 5-8 years of relevant work experience preferred.
• Strong understanding of Powertrain Systems Development preferred.
• Technical familiarity across disciplines to understand the potential impact of program changes
• Team leadership skills.
• Ability to summarize issues and communicate effectively in a cross-functional work environment.
• Organized and disciplined with the ability to manage personal workload and the initiative to respond to shifting time and program demands.
• Excellent oral and written communications skills; be comfortable briefing medium sized groups on technical program content.
• Ability to travel on an occasional basis (<10%).
• Able to work in a team environment where multiple active projects require effective coordination of multiple concurrent tasks.
PACCAR is a Fortune 500 company established in 1905. PACCAR Inc is recognized as a global leader in the commercial vehicle, financial, and customer service fields with internationally recognized brands such as Kenworth, Peterbilt, and DAF trucks. PACCAR is a global technology leader in the design, manufacture, and customer support of premium light-, medium- and heavy-duty trucks under the Kenworth, Peterbilt, and DAF nameplates and also provides customized financial services, information technology, and truck parts related to its principal business.
Whether you want to design the transportation technology of tomorrow, support the staff functions of a dynamic, international leader, or build our excellent products and services, you can develop the career you desire with PACCAR. Get started!
For nearly 125 years, PACCAR has been on the leading edge of commercial transportation technology. PACCAR Powertrain is the newest business unit formed to take the industry in a direction meeting the needs of the 21st century. From axles and transmissions, to low-emission diesel, to alternative fuels, to hydrogen technologies and battery electric power, PACCAR Powertrain is leading the industry through this century and into a cleaner, greener, and more power-efficient future.
The PACCAR Technical Center provides engineering excellence to the truck, engine, and winch divisions of PACCAR Inc through innovative product development and testing. The Technical Center is located in the Skagit Valley about 65 miles north of Seattle, Washington.
As a U.S. PACCAR employee, you have a full range of benefit options including:
401k with up to a 5% company match
Fully funded pension plan that provides monthly benefits after retirement
Comprehensive paid time off – Minimum of 10 paid vacation days (additional days are provided with additional seniority/years of service), 12 paid holidays, and sick time
Tuition reimbursement for continued education
Medical, dental, and vision plans for you and your family
Flexible spending accounts (FSA) and health savings accounts (HSA)
Paid short-and long-term disability program
Life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance
EAP services include wellness plans, estate planning, financial counseling, and more
Additional Job Board Information
PACCAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veteran/Disability and E-Verify Employer. At PACCAR, we value talent and promote growth and development. We carefully consider numerous compensation factors including your education, training, or experience. The salary range for the Project Manager is $80,800 - $126,600 annually. Additionally, this role is eligible for the full range of benefit options listed above. This position is also eligible for a holiday gift.