Powertrain Engine Technical Field Support Specialist - Aftersales Job
The highly qualified and motivated Technical Field Support Specialist for Aftersales is focused on PACCAR Powertrain Zero emissions (BEV) and MX engine platforms. This position will reside at the PACCAR Technical Center in Mount Vernon. We are looking for an ambitious individual who will thrive in an environment of creativity, innovation and generating world-class products.
This position resides in the Advanced Diagnostics Group. They are a 3rd Tier Service and Support group for PACCAR Powertrain. In addition to supporting critical and high-visibility customer support, their findings help improve PACCAR powertrain systems, diagnostic methods, and manufacturing.
PACCAR is a Fortune 500 company established in 1905. PACCAR Inc is recognized as a global leader in the commercial vehicle, financial, and customer service fields with internationally recognized brands such as Kenworth, Peterbilt, and DAF trucks. PACCAR is a global technology leader in the design, manufacture and customer support of premium light-, medium- and heavy-duty trucks under the Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF nameplates and also provides customized financial services, information technology and truck parts related to its principal business.
Whether you want to design the transportation technology of tomorrow, support the staff functions of a dynamic, international leader, or build our excellent products and services, you can develop the career you desire with PACCAR. Get started!
The PACCAR Technical Center provides engineering excellence to the truck, engine, and winch divisions of PACCAR Inc through innovative product development and testing. The Technical Center is located in the Skagit Valley about 65 miles north of Seattle, Washington.
Job Functions / Responsibilities
- Take lead role in the group for establishing and providing 3rd tier diagnostic support for the PACCAR Powertrain Aftersales on battery electric vehicles.
- Coordinate battery electric aftersales diagnostic support strategy.
- Provide advanced troubleshooting for MX engine and aftertreatment systems.
- Consult with subject matter experts to establish detailed information needed for problem resolution.
- Provide direction and technical guidance to field service personnel.
- Leverage outside resources and work cross functionally with other groups to solve Advanced Diagnostics issues as they arise.
- Analyze data from field and warranty databases to identify key issues and evaluate solution effectiveness.
- Effectively communicate with dealers, field service, as well as other system experts within the organization.
- Provide on-site troubleshooting to customers as required.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant work experience
- Proven advanced engine and exhaust aftertreatment troubleshooting experience, including root cause definition experience.
- Experience with diesel engine design.
- Strong PC skills - Microsoft Applications.
- Excellent customer interaction and communication skills
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to summarize technical issues and communicate effectively, including issue reporting and documentation of required troubleshooting techniques.
- Self-directed, excellent analysis and technical judgment required.
- Organized and disciplined with willingness and initiative to respond to shifting time and project demands.
- Strong customer service and negotiation skills.
- Ability to travel up to 15%.
Minimum Associate’s degree or Technical degree required, Bachelor’s degree in appropriate engineering field preferred
As a U.S. PACCAR employee, you have a full range of benefit options including:
401k with up to a 5% company match
Fully funded pension plan that provides monthly benefits after retirement
Comprehensive paid time off – minimum of 10 paid vacation days (additional days are provided with additional seniority/years of service), 12 paid holidays, and sick time
Tuition reimbursement for continued education
Medical, dental, and vision plans for you and your family
Flexible spending accounts (FSA) and health savings account (HSA)
Paid short-and long-term disability programs
Life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance
EAP services including wellness plans, estate planning, financial counseling and more
Additional Job Board Information
PACCAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veteran/Disability and E-Verify Employer. At PACCAR, we value talent and promote growth and development. We carefully consider numerous compensation factors including your education, training, or experience. The salary range for the Powertrain Aftersales Technical Field Support Specialist BEV is $80,800 - $126,600 annually. Additionally, this role is eligible for the full range of benefit options listed above.