Engine Test Lab Facility Engineer Job
The Facility Engineer will work at PACCAR’s Engine Test Laboratory (ETL) in Mount Vernon, Washington. This position works directly and in conjunction with the rest of the Engineering and Operations teams to ensure the safety, efficacy, and reliability of all aspects of ETL facilities.
The successful candidate will display a driven attitude and capacity towards learning and mastering automation technology and applying practical engineering knowledge learned at the university level and beyond.
PACCAR is a Fortune 500 company established in 1905. PACCAR Inc is recognized as a global leader in the commercial vehicle, financial, and customer service fields with internationally recognized brands such as Kenworth, Peterbilt, and DAF trucks. PACCAR is a global technology leader in the design, manufacture and customer support of premium light-, medium- and heavy-duty trucks under the Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF nameplates and also provides customized financial services, information technology and truck parts related to its principal business.
The PACCAR Technical Center provides engineering excellence to the truck, engine, and winch divisions of PACCAR Inc through innovative product development and testing. The Technical Center is located in the Skagit Valley about 65 miles north of Seattle, Washington.
Whether you want to design the transportation technology of tomorrow, support the staff functions of a dynamic, international leader, or build our excellent products and services — you can develop the career you desire with PACCAR. Get started!
Job Functions / Responsibilities
- Use hands-on experience to troubleshoot instrumentation, test cell controls and mechanical malfunctions of air handling, plumbing, automation and support systems
- Mentor ETL staff about facility operation, limitations, and best practices
- Maintain and update system schematics through red line system changes and create if necessary
- Troubleshoot and resolve operation and maintenance problems of complex building systems
- Lead alteration, repair, and maintenance of buildings, facilities, and equipment
- Research, document, and recommend solutions for facility enhancements
- Create reports (both PowerPoint and Word) summarizing assigned tasks and data collected
- Minimum 3 years work experience performing control systems engineering or building facility maintenance
- Experience with Siemens Insight/Desigo Building Automation Systems
- Rockwell Automation PLC programming experience
- Experience in PLC programming and languages such as C++, C#, VB, or Python
- General knowledge of data acquisition systems (DAS / DAQ)
- Ability to work with ETL staff, fostering teamwork and employee development
- Must be able to wear all proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as required
- Ability to work independently and as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to manage multiple tasks
As a U.S. PACCAR employee, you have a full range of benefit options including:
- 401k with up to a 5% company match
- Fully funded pension plan that provides monthly benefits after retirement
- Comprehensive paid time off – minimum of 10 paid vacation days (additional days are provided with additional seniority/years of service), 12 paid holidays, and sick time
- Tuition reimbursement for continued education
- Medical, dental, and vision plans for you and your family
- Flexible spending accounts (FSA) and health savings account (HSA)
- Paid short-and long-term disability programs
- Life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- EAP services including wellness plans, estate planning, financial counseling and more
Additional Job Board Information
PACCAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veteran/Disability and E-Verify Employer. At PACCAR, we value talent and promote growth and development. We carefully consider numerous compensation factors including your education, training, or experience. The salary range for the Engine Test Lab Powertrain Project Engineer is $80,800 - $126,600 annually. Additionally, this role is eligible for the full range of benefit options listed above.