Structural Analyst Engineer Job
A member of the Structural Analysis group reviews and analyzes engineering designs for structural durability, stiffness and strength using engineering knowledge, Finite Element Analysis (FEA) simulation and calculations. Responsibilities include interfacing directly with Kenworth and Peterbilt engineering team, planning, and maintaining project schedules and budgets, using engineering skills to predict design viability, and communicating those results - with recommendations - to respective engineers.
PACCAR is a Fortune 500 company established in 1905. PACCAR Inc is recognized as a global leader in the commercial vehicle, financial, and customer service fields with internationally recognized brands such as Kenworth, Peterbilt, and DAF trucks. PACCAR is a global technology leader in the design, manufacture and customer support of premium light-, medium- and heavy-duty trucks under the Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF nameplates and also provides customized financial services, information technology and truck parts related to its principal business.
Whether you want to design the transportation technology of tomorrow, support the staff functions of a dynamic, international leader, or build our excellent products and services, you can develop the career you desire with PACCAR. Get started!
The PACCAR Technical Center provides engineering excellence to the truck, engine, and winch divisions of PACCAR Inc through innovative product development and testing. The Technical Center is located in the Skagit Valley about 65 miles north of Seattle, Washington.
Job Functions / Responsibilities
- Analyze components, assemblies, sub-assemblies, and full vehicle using FEA tools (such as ABAQUS, LSDYNA), Fatigue life calculations tools (such as n-code, FE-safe), and validate the models with test correlations.
- Accept project requests, create a plan, and execute per department procedures.
- Work cooperatively with project requestors to create durable components and assemblies
- Create project closure reports
- Work with other Technical Center departments to gather appropriate data required for projects
- Develop and refine department analysis procedures and processes through method development and capability enhancements.
Technical Skills (required):
- Experience with Implicit (static and dynamic analysis) and explicit analysis
- Working knowledge of pre- and post-processors (Hypermesh, ANSA), FEA software (ABAQUS, LSDYNA), and fatigue life calculators (n-code, FE-safe)
- Knowledge of, and previous working experience with, structural analysis
- Knowledge of fatigue theory
- Project management skills
- Strong communication skills
- Affinity to work with computer software
Technical Skills (preferred):
- Interest or experience with multi-body dynamics and vehicle dynamics
- Interest or experience with explicit analysis such as crash or drop
- Scripting experience - Python preferred
Bachelor's degree in relevant field required. Master's degree Mechanical Engineering preferred
3 years structural analysis experience
As a U.S. PACCAR employee, you have a full range of benefit options including:
- 401k with up to a 5% company match
- Fully funded pension plan that provides monthly benefits after retirement
- Comprehensive paid time off – minimum of 10 paid vacation days (additional days are provided with additional seniority/years of service), 12 paid holidays, and sick time
- Tuition reimbursement for continued education
- Medical, dental, and vision plans for you and your family
- Flexible spending accounts (FSA) and health savings account (HSA)
- Paid short-and long-term disability programs
- Life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- EAP services including wellness plans, estate planning, financial counseling and more
Additional Job Board Information
PACCAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veteran/Disability and E-Verify Employer. At PACCAR, we value talent and promote growth and development. We carefully consider numerous compensation factors including your education, training, or experience. The salary range for the Structural Analyst Engineer is $93,000 - $145,500 annually. Additionally, this role is eligible for the full range of benefit options listed above.