Summer Internship 2024 - Electrical Validation Engineer 1 Job
Summer Internship 2023 – Electrical Validation Engineer
The Electrical Validation Engineering Intern would perform hands-on testing of electrical harnessing and other electronic components. This role will assist with reviewing electrical schematics and assisting in development of test plans. Intern would gain experience with using lab instrumentation, power supplies, electronic loads, thermal cameras, oscilloscopes.
The PACCAR Summer Internship Program provides an opportunity to learn about PACCAR through a work assignment as a Electrical Validation Engineer. Each intern will be integrated into division and department meetings, activities and events to ensure an understanding of PACCAR and our truck brands Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF. You will have the opportunity to make a meaningful contribution to our dynamic organization, while learning valuable engineering skills to add your resume. At the end of your internship, you have the opportunity to present your accomplishments to your fellow interns and senior management. PACCAR provides a professional, real-life intern experience while also providing opportunities to meet other interns and participate in events at our truck companies, testing facility and more. Start your career as an intern with PACCAR today!
The Paccar Technical Center is a state-of-the-art facility dedicated to the development and validation of emerging technologies such as vehicle electrification and autonomous driving systems. Work with professional engineers on hands-on projects and learn state of the art technologies! The Paccar Technical Center is located in scenic Mt. Vernon, Washington north of Seattle and south of Vancouver, British Columbia.
Job Functions / Responsibilities
- Execute test plans and work with Engineers to refine test steps.
- Post process test results to ensure quality of test data.
- Address hardware defects, identify root cause of issues, develop repair strategy and implement.
- Review existing and develop new documentation in support of test activities
- Assemble custom electrical harnesses
- Construct test fixtures
- Fosters excellent communication, establishes and maintains cooperative and productive work relations with other working groups.
- Local travel in the Puget Sound area up to 10%.
Qualifications & Skills
- Junior or higher standing toward an engineering or computer science degree
- Fundamental knowledge of Electrical Engineering concepts
- Experience working with basic circuits and electrical wiring
- Familiar with basic tools and instrumentation
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Imaginative and inquisitive nature
- Ability to summarize technical issues and communicate effectively
- Ability to manage personal workload and willingness, flexibility and initiative to respond to shifting time and project demands
- Strong presentation skills
Salary: Undergraduate Students: $25.00/hour, Graduate Students: $30.00/hour
As a U.S. PACCAR intern, you have a full range of benefit options, including:
- Competitive salary and 401k with up to a 5% company match
- Medical, dental, and vision plans for you and your family
- Flexible spending accounts (FSA) and health savings accounts (HSA)
- EAP services: including wellness plans, estate planning, financial counseling, and more
PACCAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veteran/Disability.