SuperTruck Fleet Connectivity Development Engineer Job
This position may be eligible for an employee referral bonus. Please review the Employee Referral Bonus Instructions for information on steps or contact your HR representative.
This position is located within the Advanced Technology Evaluation team at PTC and involves development of connectivity features for next generation zero emission vehicles (ZEV), charging infrastructure, and fleet management within the framework of the Department of Energy funded PACCAR SuperTruck 3 program.
Areas of focus include definition and execution of the Technology Readiness Level (TRL) projects defined around the in-scope connectivity features such as battery electric vehicle (BEV) range prediction, eco-score, driving coaching and powertrain recommendation tools.
Deliverables include requirements generation, proof-of-concept intent software development and vehicle / infrastructure testing. Results need to be reported according to the PACCAR Technology TRL Process to key stakeholders such as internal PACCAR divisions (Kenworth, Peterbilt, PACCAR Innovation Center, DAF, and PACCAR Parts), and external research and engineering organizations that are partnered with PACCAR under the SuperTruck 3 program.
PACCAR is a Fortune 500 company established in 1905. PACCAR Inc is recognized as a global leader in the commercial vehicle, financial, and customer service fields with internationally recognized brands such as Kenworth, Peterbilt, and DAF trucks. PACCAR is a global technology leader in the design, manufacture and customer support of premium light-, medium- and heavy-duty trucks under the Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF nameplates and also provides customized financial services, information technology and truck parts related to its principal business.
Whether you want to design the transportation technology of tomorrow, support the staff functions of a dynamic, international leader, or build our excellent products and services, you can develop the career you desire with PACCAR. Get started!
Job Functions / Responsibilities
- Work with a highly functional group of technical experts, within and outside PACCAR that can facilitate a wide array of proof-of-concepts to allow a fair evaluation of the maturity level and readiness of new technologies
- Define vehicle software, vehicle on-edge computing, and cloud architecture requirements
- Work closely with internal and external program partners to assist with integration of new technologies
- Expertise in cloud-based fleet connectivity, telematics and big data.
- Keep abreast of emerging technologies related to electrification and charging infrastructure developments
Build cross-division and external connections to support development of the PACCAR vehicle and powertrain roadmap
- Bachelor’s or Master’s (preferred) degree in an appropriate engineering discipline
- 8 or more years’ experience in the field of connectivity and/or software development
- Knowledge in Cellular, GPS, Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth communication protocols
- Knowledge of Linux, Java, and Android devices or similar
- Demonstrated strong technical knowledge, analysis, communication, and leadership skills
- Quickly learns new technologies and understands complex systems
- Strong interpersonal skills, be a self-starter, and have demonstrated high levels of initiative and innovation
As a U.S. PACCAR employee, you have a full range of benefit options including:
- 401k with up to a 5% company match
- Fully funded pension plan that provides monthly benefits after retirement
- Comprehensive paid time off – Minimum of 10 paid vacation days (additional days are provided with additional seniority/years of service), 12 paid holidays, and sick time
- Tuition reimbursement for continued education
- Medical, dental, and vision plans for you and your family
- Flexible spending accounts (FSA) and health savings account (HSA)
- Paid short-and long-term disability program
- Life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- EAP services including wellness plans, estate planning, financial counseling and more
Additional Job Board Information
PACCAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veteran/Disability. At PACCAR, we value talent and promote growth and development. We carefully consider numerous compensation factors, including your education, training, or experience. The salary range for SuperTruck Fleet Connectivity Development Engineer is $106,300 – $166,300 annually. Additionally, this role is eligible for a full range of benefit options listed above. This position is also eligible for a holiday gift.