OBD Production Vehicle Evaluation (PVE) Manager Job
PACCAR is a Fortune 500 company established in 1905. PACCAR Inc is recognized as a global leader in the commercial vehicle, financial, and customer service fields with internationally recognized brands such as Kenworth, Peterbilt, and DAF trucks. PACCAR is a global technology leader in the design, manufacture and customer support of high-quality light-, medium- and heavy-duty trucks under the Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF nameplates. PACCAR designs and manufactures advanced diesel engines and also provides customized financial services, information technology and truck parts related to its principal business. Whether you want to design the transportation technology of tomorrow, support the staff functions of a dynamic, international leader, or build our excellent products and services — you can develop the career you desire with PACCAR. Get started!
For nearly 125 years, PACCAR has been on the leading edge of commercial transportation technology. PACCAR Powertrain is the newest business unit formed to take the industry in a direction meeting the needs of the 21st century. From axles and transmissions, to low-emission diesel, to alternative fuels, to hydrogen technologies and battery electric power, PACCAR Powertrain is leading the industry through this century and into a cleaner, greener, and more power-efficient future.
The OBD PVE Manager will lead a team of engineers responsible for validation and compliance testing of On-Board Diagnostics (OBD) systems on PACCAR engines. The team performs Production Vehicle Evaluation (PVE) testing, both validation testing for internal consumption and compliance testing for submission to regulatory agencies. This position is responsible for ensuring test processes comply with applicable regulations, managing group workload, metrics reporting, and continuous improvement. The selected individual will work in a global, cross-divisional, and dedicated team to actively support product compliance.
This position is located in Mt. Vernon, Washington at the PACCAR Technical Center.
Job Functions / Responsibilities
- Direct North American MX Engine OBD PVE validation and compliance testing activities for agency and internal consumption
- Develop and execute PVE test plans for each engine Model Year, including timing, resources, quality, and budget
- Manage high-performance team which includes supervising, personnel development, team building, proportioning workload, and tracking progress
- Stay current on proposed regulatory changes and provide technical feedback
- Summarize technical issues and communicate project status to all levels of management
- Support agency interactions with content preparation and presentation as required
- Support PACCAR Compliance department with testing, analysis, and PVE expertise
- Promote continuous improvement in department activities
- Travel up to 15% required
- At least four years of OBD systems experience
- Effective at managing positive work relations and cross-functional teams
- Ability to summarize technical issues and communicate effectively
- Ability to manage team workload under potentially shifting time and project demands
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Familiarity with engine On Board Diagnostics systems
- Experience working with vehicle network technologies (CAN) and associated communication protocols (UDS, J1979, J1939, KWP2000, etc.)
- Exposure to CAN communications and protocols (J1939, J1979, etc.)
- BS degree in electrical, mechanical, computer, or other engineering discipline or computer science required.
- Master's degree preferred.
As a U.S. PACCAR employee, you have a full range of benefit options including:
- 401k with up to a 5% company match
- Fully funded pension plan that provides monthly benefits after retirement
- Comprehensive paid time off – minimum of 10 paid vacation days (additional days are provided with additional seniority/years of service), 12 paid holidays, and sick time
- Tuition reimbursement for continued education
- Medical, dental, and vision plans for you and your family
- Flexible spending accounts (FSA) and health savings account (HSA)
- Paid short-and long-term disability programs
- Life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- EAP services including wellness plans, estate planning, financial counseling and more
Additional Job Board Information
PACCAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veteran/Disability and E-Verify Employer. At PACCAR, we value talent and promote growth and development. We carefully consider numerous compensation factors including your education, training, or experience. The salary range for the OBD Compliance Test Engineer is $106,300 - $166,300 annually. Additionally, this role is eligible for the full range of benefit options listed above.
PACCAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veteran/Disability.