Engine Systems Verification Project Lead Engineer Job
PACCAR Technical Center is seeking an engine systems verification project lead engineer (PLE) to support PACCAR’s Global Engine team in the product development of next generation engines and aftertreatment systems.
PACCAR is a Fortune 500 company established in 1905. PACCAR Inc is recognized as a global leader in the commercial vehicle, financial, and customer service fields with internationally recognized brands such as Kenworth, Peterbilt, and DAF trucks. PACCAR is a global technology leader in the design, manufacture and customer support of high-quality light-, medium- and heavy-duty trucks under the Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF nameplates. PACCAR designs and manufactures advanced diesel engines and also provides customized financial services, information technology and truck parts related to its principal business.
Whether you want to design the transportation technology of tomorrow, support the staff functions of a dynamic, international leader, or build our excellent products and services — you can develop the career you desire with PACCAR. Get started!
Job Functions / Responsibilities
- Organize and prioritize calibration, verification and testing activities to support engine and aftertreatment systems verification in vehicle and in the test cell environment
- Responsible for clear project level technical analysis and key performance metrics. Collaborates with program stakeholders to improve product quality, reliability, performance, and durability of the PACCAR powertrain
- Review reports and presentations from the engineering team to ensure they meet the objective of the test and project goals
- Collaborate with global PACCAR engine system level integration and domain area PLEs, project managers and engineering supervisors to support the verification team
- Maintain positive working relationship with other groups at the PACCAR Technical Center and other PACCAR divisions
- 5+ years of work experience in product development
- Strong knowledge of powertrain testing and emissions requirements
- Knowledge of current diesel engine and exhaust aftertreatment technology
- Experienced with data collection, analysis and test planning
- Must be self-directed; possess excellent analysis, communication and presentation skills; must be organized and take a rigorous approach to engineering projects
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team
- Must be able to manage personal workload and have the willingness, flexibility, and initiative to respond to shifting time and project demands
- Ability to travel up to 15%, including international travel
BS in a technical (STEM) field required, MS preferred
As a U.S. PACCAR employee, you have a full range of benefit options including:
- Competitive salary and 401k with up to a 5% company match
- Fully funded pension plan that provides monthly benefits after retirement
- Comprehensive paid time off – minimum of 10 paid vacation days (additional days are provided with additional seniority/years of service), 12 paid holidays, and sick leave
- Tuition reimbursement for continued education
- Medical, dental, and vision plans for you and your family
- Flexible spending accounts (FSA) and health savings account (HSA)
- Paid short-and long-term disability program
- Life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- EAP services including wellness plans, estate planning, financial counseling and more
Additional Job Board Information
PACCAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veteran/Disability. At PACCAR, we value talent and promote growth and development. We carefully consider numerous compensation factors, including your education, training, or experience. The salary range for Engine Aftertreatment Hardware Integration Engineer” is $93,000- $145,500 annually. Additionally, this role is eligible for a full range of benefit options listed above. This position is also eligible for a holiday gift.