Senior Accountant Job
PACCAR is a Fortune 500 company established in 1905. PACCAR Inc is recognized as a global leader in the commercial vehicle, financial, and customer service fields with internationally recognized brands such as Kenworth, Peterbilt, and DAF trucks. PACCAR is a global technology leader in the design, manufacture and customer support of premium light-, medium- and heavy-duty trucks under the Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF nameplates and also provides customized financial services, information technology and truck parts related to its principal business.
The PACCAR Technical Center provides engineering excellence to the truck and winch divisions of PACCAR Inc through innovative product development and testing. The Technical Center is located in the Skagit Valley about 65 miles north of Seattle, Washington.
Whether you want to design the transportation technology of tomorrow, support the staff functions of a dynamic, international leader, or build our excellent products and services — you can develop the career you desire with PACCAR. Get started!
The Senior Accountant will be responsible for reviewing engineering program spending, analyzing data for management and assisting with month-end, forecast and budget preparation.
Job Functions / Responsibilities
- Serve in a business partnership role with Program Management and Other Divisions of PACCAR to coordinate accounting/finance related aspects of engineering projects
- Review and validate project cost estimates
- Coordinate, consolidate and analyze annual engineering SE&A budget and prepare management budget presentations
- Prepare monthly forecast and related analysis
- Analyze monthly project spending and prepare variance analysis
- Prepare month-end journal entries and reconciliation
- Support accounting processes for various Department of Energy (DOE) programs including monthly reconciliations, invoice preparation and support for reporting and audits.
- Provide pertinent financial and statistical data analysis to management
- Responsible for internal control program including SOX compliance
- Identify and implement process improvements
- Other special projects as assigned
Qualifications & Skills
- 4+ years relevant work experience
- Understanding of US GAAP
- Strong technical accounting skills, including experience with project-based accounting
- Strong analytical skills with attention to detail
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills, including ability to handle multiple priorities, meet deadlines, and work as part of a team
- Attention to detail with a ‘Big picture” focus and drive for continuous improvement
- Ability to work independently, handling multiple priorities to meet deadlines
- Strong PC skills including advanced MS Excel (charts, pivot tables, Power Query, etc.) and PowerPoint
- SAP experience desired
- Government accounting experience desired
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
As a U.S. PACCAR employee, you have a full range of benefit options including:
- 401k with up to a 5% company match
- Fully funded pension plan that provides monthly benefits after retirement
- Comprehensive paid time off – minimum of 10 paid vacation days (additional days are provided with additional seniority/years of service), 12 paid holidays, and sick time
- Tuition reimbursement for continued education
- Medical, dental, and vision plans for you and your family
- Flexible spending accounts (FSA) and health savings account (HSA)
- Paid short-and long-term disability programs
- Life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- EAP services including wellness plans, estate planning, financial counseling and more
Additional Job Board Information
At PACCAR, we value talent and promote growth and development. We carefully consider numerous compensation factors including your education, training, or experience. The salary range for Senior Accountant is $78,100 - $122.300 annually. Additionally, this role is eligible for the full range of benefit options listed above.
If you would like more information about what makes PACCAR an excellent place to work, please visit the PACCAR Career Site.
PACCAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Something looks off?