Diesel Technician - 3rd Shift Job
Full-time Diesel Technician to support engineering staff with all phases of heavy duty vehicle testing at the Paccar Technical Center Vehicle Operations Lab.
PACCAR is a Fortune 500 company established in 1905. PACCAR Inc is recognized as a global leader in the commercial vehicle, financial, and customer service fields with internationally recognized brands such as Kenworth, Peterbilt, and DAF trucks. PACCAR is a global technology leader in the design, manufacture and customer support of premium light-, medium- and heavy-duty trucks under the Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF nameplates and also provides customized financial services, information technology and truck parts related to its principal business.
Whether you want to design the transportation technology of tomorrow, support the staff functions of a dynamic, international leader, or build our excellent products and services, you can develop the career you desire with PACCAR. Get started!
The PACCAR Technical Center provides engineering excellence to the truck, engine, and winch divisions of PACCAR Inc through innovative product development and testing. The Technical Center is located in the Skagit Valley about 65 miles north of Seattle, Washington. Tooling is provided.
Job Functions / Responsibilities
- Prepare heavy duty vehicles for testing, including replacing components and installing measurement instrumentation
- Work closely with engineering staff to assure engines and vehicles are performing as requested during testing
- Maintain, troubleshoot and repair test engines and vehicles
- Maintain the highest level of documentation, work area cleanliness and organization
- Keep abreast of new technologies
- Perform duties safely and efficiently with minimal supervision
- Flexibility, initiative and the willingness to respond to shifting time and project demands
- 2 years relevant work experience to insure knowledge of heavy duty vehicle systems
- Proficient troubleshooting skills in engine and vehicle systems
- Must have the ability to exercise independent judgment and creativity based on sound technical theory, to solve a wide range of challenges for which routine solutions are not available
- Applicants with a high attention to detail, very thorough, and are highly organized are sought after
- Excellent mechanical aptitude
- Welding and fabrication skills a plus
- Current CDL a plus, ability to acquire a CDL required
- Good computer skills – Microsoft Office software proficiency desired
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Must be self-directed with the ability to manage personal workload and alternate schedules
- Must be able to work independently as well as in a team environment
Associate in Technical Arts degree in Diesel Power Technology or equivalent
As a U.S. PACCAR employee, you have a full range of benefit options including:
- 401k with up to a 5% company match
- Fully funded pension plan that provides monthly benefits after retirement
- Comprehensive paid time off – minimum of 10 paid vacation days (additional days are provided with additional seniority/years of service), 12 paid holidays, and sick time
- Tuition reimbursement for continued education
- Medical, dental, and vision plans for you and your family
- Flexible spending accounts (FSA) and health savings account (HSA)
- Paid short-and long-term disability programs
- Life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- EAP services including wellness plans, estate planning, financial counseling and more
Additional Job Board Information
PACCAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veteran/Disability and E-Verify Employer. At PACCAR, we value talent and promote growth and development. We carefully consider numerous compensation factors including your education, training, or experience. The salary range for the Diesel Technician is $55,400 - $83,100 annually. Additionally, this role is eligible for the full range of benefit options listed above.