Northwest Regional Council
Northwest Regional Council (NWRC) is a multipurpose human services agency that relies on high performing employees to provide the best possible community-based supports for aging citizens, people with disabilities, and people affected by complex, chronic health conditions. As an association of county governments, NWRC serves the people of Island, San Juan, Skagit, and Whatcom Counties. We are currently seeking an Accounting Analyst to join our fiscal team!
TO APPLY: Obtain required application materials from http://www.nwrcwa.org/employment/or by contacting Human Resources at (360) 676-6749. Please submit all application materials, a cover letter and resume to Careers@NWRCWA.org, or by visiting our offices.
TYPE OF POSITION: Full-time, permanent, non-exempt
CLOSES: Open until filled
10-STEP PAY RANGE: $26.07 – $34.02 hourly
· 100% Employer paid Medical, Dental, Vision for Employee & Dependents, with multiple plan options, including voluntary medical buy-up options
· Washington State Public Employees Retirement System (PERS 2 or PERS 3)
· 100% Employer paid Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for employee & dependents
· Life and Long-term Disability insurance, including voluntary buy-up options
· Vacation Leave, accrued at 8hrs/month & increasing with longevity
· Sick Leave, accrued at 8hrs/month
· 13 Paid Holidays Annually
· Voluntary Flex Spending Plans for health and/or child/elder care
· Voluntary Deferred Compensation Program
· Hybrid work environment
· Alternative Work Schedules may be available after 6-month performance evaluation
JOB SUMMARY: The Accounting Analyst, under the direction of the Fiscal Manager,** **performs a variety of routine, complex, and diverse accounting, payroll and record keeping duties following government accounting standards and agency policies. This role will focus on accounts payable and accounts receivable functions for the agency. Experience in medical billing or similar is beneficial, but not required, for this role.
- Associate Degree in Accounting or related field; AND
· Three years bookkeeping/accounting/accounts payable experience preferred;
· Experience in governmental accounting or non-profit grants accounting, and computerized fund accounting including an integrated payroll module preferred.
· An equivalent combination of education and experience which provides the skills, knowledge, and ability to perform the work.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Demonstrated analytical skills and ability to work accurately with numbers.
· Demonstrated organizational and attention to detail skills.
· Knowledge of and ability to research pertinent laws, rules, and regulations including public agency record keeping
· Proficient with Microsoft Windows, Excel, Word, and computerized accounting and payroll systems required. MIP Fund Accounting/Payroll and Microsoft Access database experience preferred.
· Knowledge of general office procedures and practices.
· Ability to learn in a changing environment (active learner).
· Ability to maintain an effective working relationship with co-workers, other members of government service, community agencies, applicable community businesses, and the general public using tact and sound judgment.
· Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
· Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
· Ability to interpret and apply appropriate laws, policies, and procedures specific to the job functions. Ability to apply sound decisions understanding the effect on other staff activities.
· Ability to prioritize work, using effective time management and organizational skills, meeting frequent deadlines.
· Ability to work effectively both independently and as a member of a team, including training and coaching others.
· Ability to analyze situations accurately and recommend effective courses of action.
· Must have a valid WA State Driver License, a vehicle available for occasional work-related travel, and appropriate liability insurance.
· New employees are required to provide proof of vaccination against COVID-19 as a condition of employment.
SELECTION PROCESS: After reviewing the applications, NWRC will contact the most qualified candidates to participate in a selection process consisting of job-related selection exercises. NWRC will make reasonable accommodation upon request for those individuals with disabilities.
**Northwest Regional Council is an equal opportunity employer.**