Threat Assessment Coordinator
1601 R Avenue Anacortes, WA 98221
The NWESD aspires to be a racially and culturally inclusive staff that reflects the diversity of those we serve. We believe this strengthens our organization, stimulates creativity, promotes the exchange of ideas, and enriches staff engagement.
Under the general direction of the Threat Assessment Program Manager, the Threat Assessment Coordinator is responsible for coordinating, training and facilitating the Student Threat Assessment program.
- Provide Salem-Keizer Level I training within the Northwest Educational Service District (NWESD) region.
- Provide training and consultation to Threat Assessment Site Teams to screen threats of violence, and management of threat assessment processes.
- Assist program manager with training participants of multi-agency threat assessment advisory teams.
- Assist program manager in facilitating multi-agency Student Threat Assessment Teams including school staff, special education programs, mental health agencies, law enforcement, child protective service programs, Juvenile Justice and other youth-serving organizations.
- Write Student Threat Assessment Team reports including a summary of findings and recommendations;
- Provide assistance with developing action steps and follow-up after Level I and Level II threat assessments.
- Assist program manager with threat management, safety planning, intervention, and resource development.
- Participate in the regional Student Threat Assessment Team quarterly and monthly meetings, and other mandatory trainings and/or meetings.
- Build partnerships and identifies and applies for grants to aid program funding.
- Prepare a variety of written materials and reports for the purpose of documenting activities, providing references, and conveying information.
- Performs related duties as assigned. Related duties may not specifically be listed but are within the general occupational series and responsibility level typically associated with the employee’s classification of work.
Required knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Ability to deal with obstacles and constraints positively.
- Ability to adjust to and utilize new approaches in the performance of his/her duties.
- Willingness to seek out and take advantage of opportunities for professional growth.
- Knowledge of and skill in using Microsoft Office products and database software.
- Knowledge of strategies used in adult education and training, and skill in effectively delivering trainings to adult learners.
- Ability to review and interpret technical information.
- Ability to write technical materials.
- Ability to analyze situations to define issues and draw meaningful conclusions.
- Knowledge of grants and associated requirements.
- Knowledge of pertinent codes, policies, regulations, laws, agencies, and resources.
- Ability to be trained in the use of the Salem-Keizer Threat Assessment Model.
- Ability to work with and build relationships with diverse individuals and groups.
- Ability to manage projects independently and carry out work successfully as part of a team.
- Ability to schedule and manage multiple activities, meetings, and events simultaneously.
Bachelor’s Degree in related field and 2 years of experience working in education. Master’s Degree in School Administration, Mental Health Counseling, Marriage and Family Therapy, or Clinical Social Work preferred. Valid Washington State driver’s license.
WSP/FBI criminal history background clearance required.
Employment Conditions and Benefits
8 hours per day, 5 days per week. 190 days per year.
Per Governor’s Proclamation 21-14.1, all employees working for public and private K-12 schools in Washington must be fully vaccinated* against COVID-19 or obtain a religious or medical accommodation by October 18, 2021. Please be advised that all candidates offered positions within the NWESD will be required to comply with this order. *You are considered fully vaccinated 2 weeks after your final dose of the vaccination.
Salary Schedule III, Range 3 ($52,728.80 - $59,386.40)
How to Apply
Submit a complete application at nwesd.org/jobs. Applications for this position must include:
- Letter of Interest
- Copies of Official Transcripts
- Other documents may be included at your discretion