Receptionist/Admin. Assistant I
1601 R Ave. Anacortes, WA 98221
The NWESD aspires to be a racially and culturally inclusive staff that reflects the diversity of those we serve. We believe this strengthens our organization, stimulates creativity, promotes the exchange of ideas, and enriches staff engagement.
Performs a range of basic office support activities such as screening and directing incoming calls, greeting and directing visitors, providing general directions/information, processing incoming and outgoing mail, and providing routine clerical, data entry, and/or general support to other staff members as requested.
- Answers incoming calls from a multi-line telephone system; directs calls through an automated voice mail system; takes messages when appropriate; provides general information.
- Opens the building for normal business hours and closes the building ensuring that the doors are properly secured following established procedures.
- Greets and directs visitors; answers routine inquiries; provides general information and assistance; directs service contractors, vendors, and deliveries to appropriate staff.
- Sorts, screens, and distributes incoming mail; collects, weighs, and affixes postage to outgoing mail; maintains appropriate records for postage; delivers mail to US Post Office daily; ensures the security and confidentiality of all incoming and outgoing mail.
- Maintains cleanliness of lobby and surrounding areas.
- Manages digital signage within facility; helps direct NWESD guests to appropriate meeting rooms.
- Performs a variety of routine assignments as appropriate; handles special projects, as well as overflow work from departments; routes incoming general email messages; establishes, maintains, processes, and/or updates files, records, and/or other documents.
- Performs related duties as assigned. Related duties may not specifically be listed but are within the general occupational series and responsibility level typically associated with the employee’s classification of work.
Required knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Knowledge of general office procedures and practices.
- Knowledge of customer service standards and procedures.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- Proper grammar, spelling, proofreading, and punctuation skills.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment such as a multi-line phone system, copier, fax, and computer.
- Ability to use tact and judgement in dealing with a variety of individuals and situations.
- Ability to perform duties with accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and efficiently to effectively balance work load demands.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, school district personnel, class participants, vendors, and other NWESD visitors.
- Strong interpersonal skills, flexibility, and customer service orientation.
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
Work is performed in an office environment; however, travel may be required for workshops or conference attendance. Lifts and carries a maximum of thirty (30) pounds. Adequate manual and finger dexterity, hearing, speech, and vision are necessary to perform the essential functions of the position.
_Hazards: _ Those present in a normal office environment. Lifting and moving tables and chairs for workshop setup is a potential hazard if necessary safety procedures are not adhered to properly.
High school diploma or equivalent at least one (1) year of experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified, preferably in an educational organization. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted which provides the skills, knowledge and abilities to perform the essential functions of the position. WSP background clearance required.
Employment Conditions and Benefits
8 hours per day, 260 days per year. 8:00am - 4:30pm, M-F, non-exempt, hourly position.
Per Governor’s Proclamation 21-14.1, all employees working for public and private K-12 schools in Washington must be fully vaccinated* against COVID-19 or obtain a religious or medical accommodation by October 18, 2021. Please be advised that all candidates offered positions within the NWESD will be required to comply with this order. *You are considered fully vaccinated 2 weeks after your final dose of the vaccination.
Salary Schedule I, Range 12 ($38,542.40 - $43,409.60)
Effective 9/1/2022 - New Salary Schedule I, Range 12 will be increased to $42,307.20 - $47,652.80.
How to Apply
Submit a complete application at nwesd.org/jobs. Applications for this position must include:
- Letter of Interest
- Other documents may be included at your discretion