Software Support Analyst
2121 W. Casino Road Everett, WA 98204
This position will work with the Business Support team at Northwest Regional Data Center (NWRDC), in Everett, WA.
The Software Support Analyst’s greatest asset is the ability to communicate with others and to develop and maintain relationships to further enhance the customer experience. The Analyst provides consultation, support and resolution of client problems in the use of the Skyward application software to ensure that client needs and information requirements are met. They provide mid-level knowledge of the Skyward software applications to interface with outside agencies and to identify requirements for application modifications. The Analyst develops training curriculum and delivers training to end users and other staff.
- Analyzes and resolves complex issues reported by clients using knowledge of the business or education environment and software products.
- Coordinates and communicates problem resolution with all appropriate parties.
- Applies knowledge of the Skyward Student or Fiscal software.
- Supports product development effort using established processes and procedures, analyzes, identifies and assists clients in reporting and resolving software issues.
- Serves as a technical expert in providing product knowledge and supporting materials.
- Performs root cause analysis and develops checklists for typical problems.
- Facilitates the resolution of complex development, training and implementation issues between the client and the Washington School Information Processing Cooperative (WSIPC).
- Troubleshoots complex application software problems. Evaluates the client’s description of the problem, asking pertinent questions, duplicating the situation, testing the application, gathering documentation, and acting as a liaison between the client and WSIPC staff.
- Develops and evaluates training curriculum.
- Manages interactions with school district end users by fully utilizing the selected Request Tracking system to enhance quality of problem resolutions.
- Mentors teammates in use of application software, analysis techniques, trainings, presentations and computer equipment.
- Works in a team setting, sharing information and assisting others with customer support.
- Develops and presents training workshops and informational meetings to clients about the functions and capabilities of the application software.
- May perform related duties as assigned. Related duties may not specifically be listed but are within the general occupational series and responsibility level typically associated with the employee’s classification of work.
Required knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Ability to build sustainable relationships of trust through open and interactive communication.
- Ability to communicate effectively with others in person, in writing and over the telephone.
- Ability to support customers in their use of software applications via phone or electronic media.
- Ability to utilize time management skills as demonstrated by meeting deadlines, effectively managing priorities, and communicating progress.
- Ability to gather, analyze, and present information in a clear and concise manner.
- Skill in paying attention to detail.
- Skill in applying analytical thinking and techniques.
- Ability to demonstrate excellent writing and presentation skills.
- Ability to make effective oral presentations, clearly conveying technical information to non-technical audiences.
This is a mid-level analyst position requiring related college training or computer-related customer application support. Experience working in an educational environment is highly preferred. Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Accounting, Business, Information Systems, Computer Science or other related field or equivalent education and work experience which provides the skills, knowledge, and abilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
The ideal candidate will have a working knowledge of: • Windows, Mac, or current operating systems • Microsoft Office Tools including Excel, Word, and Outlook • Relational databases • Skyward School Management Software
Employment Conditions and Benefits
5 days per week, 260 days per year.
Per Governor’s Proclamation 21-14.1, all employees working for public and private K-12 schools in Washington must be fully vaccinated* against COVID-19 or obtain a religious or medical accommodation by October 18, 2021. Please be advised that all candidates offered positions within the NWESD will be required to comply with this order. *You are considered fully vaccinated 2 weeks after your final dose of the vaccination.
Schedule III, Range 8* ($79,040.00-$98,883.20) - *New pay effective 9/1/22 - Schedule III, Range 8 ($83,387.20-$93,891.20)
How to Apply
Submit a complete application at nwesd.org/jobs. Applications for this position must include:
- Letter of Interest
- Other documents may be included at your discretion