Over The Road Fuel Transport Driver
An exciting career awaits you
At MPC, we’re committed to being a great place to work – one that welcomes new ideas, encourages diverse perspectives, develops our people, and fosters a collaborative team environment.
Regional OTR - Full Time Position
- Eligible for company sponsored annual bonus.
- Earn $36.19 per hour.
- Re-location is available.
- 401k with company match up to 7%
- Company funded pension plan up to 11%
- Total compensation package up to $134,000.
- Paid vacation, sick and holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Education reimbursement
- Health/Dental/Vision coverage available day 1
- 5/2, 6/1 alternating schedule
- Routine authorized expense up to $50/day
- New Kenworth T680/Sleeper will be available
Marathon Petroleum Company LP (MPC) has a position available for an over-the-road professional light products transport driver in Speedway, IN. These drivers will have various routes both locally and regionally to markets in nearby states in our Midwest and Ohio Valley Areas of Operation. Our drivers are responsible for the safe and efficient delivery of petroleum products to regional terminals, refineries, and various other locations. Transport drivers independently follow specified policies, procedures and standards, under the general supervision of local fleet management.
- Perform pre-trip inspection on equipment in alignment with MPC policy and Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations. Check tank truck/trailer or tractor/trailer for general operating requirements and make sure that all required equipment is available and in good operating condition. Note inspection and deficiencies on the pre-trip inspection form.
- Drive a tank truck/trailer or tractor/trailer to transport product in a safe, efficient, and professional manner. Obey all applicable federal, state and local laws. Follow MPC and site specific standard operating procedures for the loading and offloading process.
- Perform post-trip inspection on equipment in alignment with MPC policy and DOT regulations. Complete all regulatory and customary paperwork.
- Ensure equipment is ready for the next shift.
- Communicate all incidents, including safety and environmental concerns, according to company procedures.
- Report all equipment issues in a timely manner.
- Follow, maintain and adhere to all safety rules and operating procedures, including all DOT regulations.
- Current Class A Commercial Driver's License with the following endorsements:
- Hazardous Materials (Required)
- Tank Vehicle (Required)
- License – Restrictions
- Operate manual and/or automatic transmission.
- Must be able to drive interstate.
- Must maintain a satisfactory driving record and provide consent to company for review of driving record(s).
- Must register with FMCSA Drug & Alcohol Clearinghouse and provide consent to company for review of clearinghouse records.
- Must pass required drug and alcohol screening(s).
- Must complete DOT physical and maintain current medical card.
- Must pass three-year DOT safety background check and seven-year criminal background check.
- Must pass pre-trip exam and road test to demonstrate proficiency operating required equipment.
- Must be able to work up to a 12-hour AM/PM shift.
- Must be able to work hours beyond schedule.
- Two years of commercial driving experience preferred. Fuel hauling experience is strongly preferred, but all relevant experience will be considered.
Physical Requirements Include:
- Must be able to work outside in all types of weather conditions.
- Must be able to work 5 to 6 days on the road (may be asked to work more). Every other weekend off.
- Must be able to work on elevated spaces: 30+ feet on graded elevation.
- Must be able to frequently lift, carry, push, and/or pull 50-65 lbs.
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to grip a steering wheel for extended periods of time.
As an energy industry leader, our career opportunities fuel personal and professional growth.
Job Requisition ID:00008178
Location Address:1304 Olin Ave
Employee Group:Full time