We are looking for a talented, self-motivated individual to join our team as a Project Administrator. The ideal candidate is an outgoing person who is extremely organized, works well with deadlines, and is driven to help grow a creative design firm.
This is a 0.8 to 1.0 FTE position. Includes full benefits.
HKP Architects is an award-winning firm located in Mount Vernon, Washington, specializing in educational, civic, affordable housing, and residential design. Our focus and passion centers around sustainability and community. Established in 1952, HKP has grown from a small-town general practice to a regionally recognized and respected firm known for service, quality and civic engagement. We are currently a talented group of seven, looking to double in size. Our culture fosters growth, collaboration, and personal job satisfaction.
Work directly with the Partners, Project Architects, Project Managers, and Office Manager to manage project-related contracts, staffing levels, project performance tracking, and client invoicing, and assists with business development and marketing efforts.
· Supports development of proposals
· Manages Hubspot CRM for Business Development leads
· Leads the development of Fee Proposals
· Transitions Fee Proposals into Contracts; leads the review of Contracts with Risk Manager, with assistance from Partner, and Project Manager
· Leads in the Transition from Executed Contract to Client Invoicing; may have direct contact with clients for invoicing
· Implements and Manages project start-up process (Create Billing Sheets, setup project in Harvest and Papercut software, and Quickbooks set up with Bookkeeper)
· Leads with writing and implementing Fee Amendments for projects
· Leads the implementation and maintenance of project management software
· Leads the implementation of any new project management software
· Updates HKP’s 2-week look ahead schedule for Project status and staff hours
· Leads the Global Project Schedule, maintained via SmartSheet, HKP’s comprehensive resource tool for staffing level analysis of current work and potential new projects
· Tracks Project Team Performance against the fee and works with team to stay on schedule and budget
· Leads Client Invoicing; preparing drafts based on completion to date, reimbursables, contract amendments, and consultant invoices.
· Manages invoicing by consultants, tracking costs on respective project invoices, ensure consultants are not overbilling, ensure that consultants are paid once payment is received from the client
· Lead efforts to Archive projects – both on the network and physical files – at their completion, working with Project Managers.
· Develops and Maintains Best Practices for Project Administration
· Creates and manages standardized forms and processes to facilitate efficient operations of the firm
Pay and Benefits
· Base Salary is - $52,000.00 (.8 FTE) - $58,240.00 (1.0 FTE), commiserate on experience.
· Full Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance (.8 – 1.0 FTE)
· Annual Bonus based on Firm Financial Performance
· Matching 401K Plan up to 3% Annual Salary
· Nine (9) Paid Holidays per year
· Fifteen (15) Paid Time Off Days per year
· $500 Continuing Education Stipend
Required Professional Skills
· Self-motivated and able to work independently with clear direction
· Knowledgeable about contracts and invoicing
· Able to communicate with clients for outstanding Accounts Payable status updates and maintain a weekly status report/spreadsheet for the Partners
· Able to quickly learn and utilize multiple technologies related to project management and business development/marketing.
· Able to manage project staff in a positive, empowering manner
· Capable of managing multiple, complex schedules
· Able to consistently meet deadlines and manage diverse and complex tasks
· Ability to pitch in and assist on any level of task when the work calls for it
· Open and honest communications
Required Technical Skills
· Abobe Acrobat
· Adobe Creative Cloud (InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator specifically)
· Microsoft Teams
Beneficial Technical Skills
Why Should You Apply?
· We have a unique team and a unique firm with a passion for design, community, and sustainability
· You enjoy being around other creative people and working together to solve problems
· You want to utilize your skills to help a small company grow to its full potential
Please e-mail a cover letter and resume to Sarah Rowe (email@example.com).