Oversees all functions and activities of the Lab Department, and the technicians.
Works with the Chemists to ensure PQ, testing, and results are within parameters.
Builds relationships and ways of working as well as updating procedures and documentation with key other supporting roles within the department
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES: (functions considered essential as defined by ADA)
- Ensures hourly workforce is properly trained and tested and training programs are updated to reflect job requirements.
- Ensures testing is done in a timely and efficient manner and laboratory testing is done in a timely and efficient manner and laboratory testers have sufficient resources to perform job tasks.
- Oversees the quality of data released to departments inside the company and to outside agencies and may ensure the quality of work through quality assurance testing, documentation, and analysis.
- Develops new methods and procedures in conjunction with Chemists.
- Works with other refinery departments to ensure needs of the refinery are met.
- Involved in and assists with scheduling personnel to ee3ffectivel and efficiently cover an 18 hour/7 day a week rotating schedule and identifies and schedules facility maintenance needs.
- Schedules non-routine samples and collaborates with laboratory manager on routine sample schedule.
- Consults with manager for capital expenditure needs for testing performed by their staff, may also perform other duties including:
- Records, reports, and certified results, maintain laboratory data and diagnose laboratory equipment malfunctions.
- Ensures that routine and corrective maintenance on laboratory equipment is conductions and validated each month.
- Supports other departments with expertise in sampling, testing, and analysis.
- Ships samples that are designated as hazardous and verify hazardous samples are shipped in conformance with the CFR.
- Oversees daily quality control checks.
- Authorizes finished product before shipment and has the authority to quarantine Finished product before shipment to market.
- Short- and long-term facility plans for the QC laboratory, maintains and updates the Lab 10-year plan.
- Effective use of the Operational and Capital equipment budgets.
Special assignments or tasks assigned to the employee by their supervisor, as determined from time to time in their sold and complete discretion.
A minimum of Five years of on-the-job experience.
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE: 2 years of supervisory experience.
Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Chemistry or 5 years of on-the-job experience in a laboratory is considered equivalent work experience and may be accepted in lieu of a degree.
Working knowledge of chemistry. Advanced knowledge of laboratory testing and ability to apply that knowledge, as well as petroleum products and testing. Ability to lead and train others. Ability to effectively communicate with others, both written and verbal communication. Intermediate reading and writing skills. Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations.
Responsible for the supervision and mentoring of approximately 15 employees.
Developing employees with training and mentoring as required.
Develop Team goals and individual goals within the department.
Office and Lab based with up to 5% travel by land and air required. Petroleum refinery, and warehouse/plant environment including but not limited to chemicals, pressure vessels tanks, rotating equipment. Required to be on call 24/7. Subject to all temperatures, weather, and varying road conditions.
Our One HF Sinclair Culture:
At HF Sinclair, we are united through our One HF Sinclair Culture, which is underpinned by our five core values of Safety, Integrity, Teamwork, Ownership and Inclusion. Developed to empower our people, our five core cultural values are at the heart of everything we do and extend to how we engage our stakeholders. These values influence our decisions, shape our behaviors and keep us connected across the entire organization.
We maintain a true Safety culture for our employees, communities, environments and customers. Our goal is to make sure everyone returns home safely each day. We have a long-standing commitment to Integrity and ethical behavior and do what is right for our employees, investors, communities and the environment. We encourage employees to Step Up and Stand Out by championing a culture of Teamwork and Ownership. We foster a culture of Inclusion by encouraging diversity of experiences, viewpoints and backgrounds. What makes each of us different, together makes us stronger.
About HF Sinclair Corporation
HF Sinclair Corporation ("HF Sinclair"), headquartered in Dallas, Texas, is an independent energy company that produces and markets high value light products such as gasoline, diesel fuel, jet fuel, renewable diesel and other specialty products. HF Sinclair owns and operates refineries located in Kansas, Oklahoma, New Mexico, Wyoming, Washington and Utah and markets its refined products in 19 states principally in the Southwest U.S., the Rocky Mountains extending into the Pacific Northwest and in other neighboring Plains states. HF Sinclair supplies high quality fuels to more than 1,300 Sinclair branded stations and licenses the use of the Sinclair brand at more than 300 additional locations throughout the country. In addition, subsidiaries of HF Sinclair produce and market base oils and other specialized lubricants in the U.S., Canada and the Netherlands, and export products to more than 80 countries. Through its subsidiaries, HF Sinclair produces renewable diesel at two of its facilities in Wyoming. HF Sinclair also owns a 47% limited partner interest and a non-economic general partner interest in Holly Energy Partners, L.P., a master limited partnership that provides petroleum product and crude oil transportation, terminalling, storage and throughput services to the petroleum industry, including HF Sinclair subsidiaries.
Equal Opportunity Employer
HF Sinclair Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other prohibited ground of discrimination.
Salary Range: The salary range includes the minimum, midpoint, and maximum base salary values. A candidate's offer can vary depending on differentiating factors, including but not limited to education, training, or experience.
This position has a salary minimum of $87,000.00, and maximum of $156,400.00.