HF Sinclair Puget Sound Refinery located in Anacortes, Washington is seeking an Electrical Inspector. This position is responsible for the delivery of electrical design, troubleshooting support, and electrical inspection to support refinery operations, maintenance, projects, and TA activities.
(Functions considered essential as defined by ADA)
- Providing day to day electrical technical support to refinery Production and I&E Department as required for all electrical equipment (defined by Equipment Owner List Standing Instruction)
- Providing support for PSR electrical distribution system and switching procedures
- Can be Responsible Person (RP) for managing electrical change (type 1) . For MOCS – installs MOC tags to prevent inadvertent commissioning as well as PSSR sign off for inspected, tested, and installed per code/design. Assignee for Electrical Quality Control and functional verification PSSR items and to identify affects to maintenance and documentation associated with electrical equipment.
- Reviewing electrical installations (new or existing) at PSR for code and plant specification conformance. Can arrange for interaction with external agencies (UL, PSE, Washington State L&I, etc)
- Can provide assurance to spare parts management including inspection of engineered equipment on arrival, audit of storehouse PMs, non-stock repair decisions, etc.
- Responsible for temporary electrical installations within the facility including the following: creating standards, designing or reviewing proposed setup, being Responsible Person for temporary MOCs, and inspection.
Provides input to the Electrical Preventive Maintenance program:
- Preventive maintenance & reactive maintenance test report evaluation
- Approve changes to RCM tasks based on suggested changes or field feedback
- Apply MEEL strategies for new equipment or projects for RCM studies
- Technical field support to electricians conducting PMs.
- Monitoring of metrics related to task completion
Is responsible for developing and executing reliability strategies for existing electrical equipment:
- Provide input to enhance refinery reliability through equipment upgrades
- Coordinate technical input and assurance programs for projects executed by location Projects Department
- Provide QA for field execution, offsite shop (motor) oversite, and Documentation of test reports
- May provide Bills of Materials and Engineering Specifications for the electrical discipline, in support of run and maintain as well as turnaround activities.
Is responsible for creating and assuring updates to critical electrical documentation, including SAP hierarchy and equipment information:
- Maintained electrical drawings
- Electrical safety documentation
- MEELs (Preventative Maintenance procedures)
- Motor protective relay settings
- Provides guidance to/oversight of SAP Electrical Naming Conventions and Hierarchy
- Provides guidance to/oversight of Spare Parts / BOM / GSAP equipment data as applicable
Special assignments or tasks assigned to the employee by their supervisor, as determined from time to time in their sole and complete discretion.
A minimum of 5 years Electrical design, Electrical inspection, or Electrician experience required
A minimum of a high school degree or equivalent education required.
Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word experience required.
Strong problem solving and analytical skills required.
Familiarity with electrical equipment troubleshooting, testing, and calibration techniques required.
Strong verbal and written communication skills required. Must be able to work with all levels of the organization.
Hand drafting ability or use of pdf editing software desired.
Knowledge of HF Sinclair Engineering Practices, local electrical procedures (MEELs) desired.
Primarily office-based position; however fieldwork is required as necessary.
Job conditions require standing, walking, sitting, talking or hearing, making visual inspections, making precise hand and finger movements, lifting or carrying up to 25 lbs., pushing or pulling up to 25 lbs., perceiving color differences. Job conditions may require twisting, stooping, crouching, kneeling, reaching or grasping, and working in confined spaces as permitted.
Our One HF Sinclair Culture:
At HF Sinclair, we are united through our One HF Sinclair Culture, which is underpinned by our five core values of Safety, Integrity, Teamwork, Ownership and Inclusion. Developed to empower our people, our five core cultural values are at the heart of everything we do and extend to how we engage our stakeholders. These values influence our decisions, shape our behaviors and keep us connected across the entire organization.
We maintain a true Safety culture for our employees, communities, environments and customers. Our goal is to make sure everyone returns home safely each day. We have a long-standing commitment to Integrity and ethical behavior and do what is right for our employees, investors, communities and the environment. We encourage employees to Step Up and Stand Out by championing a culture of Teamwork and Ownership. We foster a culture of Inclusion by encouraging diversity of experiences, viewpoints and backgrounds. What makes each of us different, together makes us stronger.
About HF Sinclair Corporation
HF Sinclair Corporation ("HF Sinclair"), headquartered in Dallas, Texas, is an independent energy company that produces and markets high value light products such as gasoline, diesel fuel, jet fuel, renewable diesel and other specialty products. HF Sinclair owns and operates refineries located in Kansas, Oklahoma, New Mexico, Wyoming, Washington and Utah and markets its refined products in 19 states principally in the Southwest U.S., the Rocky Mountains extending into the Pacific Northwest and in other neighboring Plains states. HF Sinclair supplies high quality fuels to more than 1,300 Sinclair branded stations and licenses the use of the Sinclair brand at more than 300 additional locations throughout the country. In addition, subsidiaries of HF Sinclair produce and market base oils and other specialized lubricants in the U.S., Canada and the Netherlands, and export products to more than 80 countries. Through its subsidiaries, HF Sinclair produces renewable diesel at two of its facilities in Wyoming. HF Sinclair also owns a 47% limited partner interest and a non-economic general partner interest in Holly Energy Partners, L.P., a master limited partnership that provides petroleum product and crude oil transportation, terminalling, storage and throughput services to the petroleum industry, including HF Sinclair subsidiaries.
Equal Opportunity Employer
HF Sinclair Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other prohibited ground of discrimination.
Salary Range: The salary range includes the minimum, midpoint, and maximum base salary values. A candidate's offer can vary depending on differentiating factors, including but not limited to education, training, or experience.
This position has a salary minimum of $87,600.00 and maximum of $153,200.00.