With our strong investment in research and development and our culture of continuous improvement, Hexcel is the industry leader in the manufacturing of advance composite materials, including carbon fiber, woven reinforcements, resins, prepregs, honeycombs and additive manufactured parts. We invite you to join the Hexcel team at various manufacturing sites, sales offices and R&T centers around the globe. Become a part of the “strength within.”
Hexcel is currently seeking a Manufacturing Engineer I for our Burlington, WA location. Hexcel Burlington has a great plant culture valuing diversity, safety, and working together as a team to achieve strong results. We are looking for someone who enjoys working cross functionally to solve problems, fosters a safety-minded culture, has strong communication skills, and loves a team environment. Our Manufacturing Engineers support new and sustaining manufacturing operations in the production of advanced honeycomb and/or composite parts through cost estimating, process and tooling design and development, provision of technical specification interpretation, and participation in cost reduction initiatives and continuous improvement projects. Additionally, the Hexcel Burlington Manufacturing Engineer leverages and provides their expertise in engineered honeycomb core manufacturing to both internal and external stakeholders, to assist in problem solving, corrective action, and design for manufacturability. Full time benefits include health benefits, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, 401(k) with company match, paid sick time, paid holidays and paid vacation.
Summary pay range: $80,000 – $110,214 annual salary.
The selected individual will be responsible for but not limited to the following obligations:
- Manage projects with oversight from Engineering Manager and collaborate with multiple departments through the New Product Introduction (NPI) process and in support of assigned legacy programs. Represent Hexcel during visits from/to customers to provide technical assistance and expertise.
- Interpret, understand and communicate customer requirements using CAD/CAM systems such as AutoCAD and CATIA V5. Develop and manage BOMs and routes using Microsoft Dynamics 365, and manage digital manufacturing planning documentation utilizing DELMIA Apriso.
- Participate in Change Board activities and advocate accountability and traceability. Lead RCCA (Root Cause Corrective Action) projects and report progress to Change Board and management as required.
- Participate in process improvement projects to ensure lowest cost production, best technology manufacturing processes and attainment of all customer requirements. Solve problems and facilitate continuous improvement using statistical methods, including those in the Six Sigma toolbox. Support plant Lean Manufacturing initiatives and seek out continual innovation through research into industry best practices.
- Perform engineered honeycomb and advanced composite part cost estimates and ongoing part cost standard evaluation(s). Create Statement of Work (SOW) for the design and fabrication of composites manufacturing tooling and equipment.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university with coursework in engineering or other closely related field of study required.
- Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations. Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Travel: Less than 10%. Ability to travel domestically required.
At Hexcel, we strive to deliver a Total Rewards package that will attract, engage and retain the top talent. Elements of the Total Rewards package include competitive base pay and variable compensation opportunities.
Hexcel also provides eligible employees with an opportunity to enroll in a variety of benefit programs, generally including health insurance, flexible spending accounts, health savings accounts, retirement savings plans, life and disability insurance programs, and a number of programs that provide for both paid and unpaid time away from work.
The specific programs and options available to any given employee may vary depending on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date of hire, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.
Please note that the salary information shown above is a general guideline only. Salaries are based upon candidate experience and qualifications, as well as market and business considerations.
Eligible candidate must be: U.S. citizen, U.S. national, a person lawfully admitted for permanent residence, a temporary resident under sections 210(a) or 245(A) of the Act, a person admitted in refugee status, a person granted asylum. Hexcel (NYSE: HXL) is a global leader in advanced composites technology, a leading producer of carbon fiber, and the world leader in honeycomb manufacturing for the commercial aerospace industry.
Hexcel is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, status as protected veteran, or any other protected class.