With our strong investment in research and development and our culture of continuous improvement, Hexcel is the industry leader in the manufacturing of advance composite materials, including carbon fiber, woven reinforcements, resins, prepregs, honeycombs and additive manufactured parts. We invite you to join the Hexcel team at various manufacturing sites, sales offices and R&T centers around the globe. Become a part of the “strength within.”
Hexcel is currently seeking a Plant Manager for our Burlington, WA location.
Hexcel Burlington has a great plant culture valuing diversity, safety, and working together as a team to achieve strong results. We are looking for someone who is detail oriented, enjoys working cross functionally to solve problems, and loves a team environment. Full time benefits include health benefits, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, 401(k) with company match, paid sick time, paid holidays and paid vacation.
Summary pay range: $135,893 – $232,960 annual salary.
The selected individual will be responsible for but not limited to the following obligations:
- Responsible for operations of high-performance aerospace engineered honeycomb core components manufacturing plant.
- Developing and executing comprehensive annual operating plans and leading efforts to provide world class levels of safety and environmental performance.
- Driving on-time delivery of high-quality products to a world-wide customer base.
- Leading continually improving and intricate processes and systems in all areas (operations and business).
- Understanding and analyzing cost / financial performance and actions necessary to achieve optimized results.
- Developing a positive work environment and an inspired workforce to achieve maximum results along with maximum employee satisfaction.
- Overseeing management of supply chain to ensure effective cash management, uninterrupted production and minimized costs through utilization of a robust ERP system and production plan modeling.
- Actively and constructively representing operations in business discussions and collaborating with site and global Hexcel teams.
- Proactively analyzing and managing all relative operations performance metrics.
- Representing Hexcel to customers and suppliers in operations related matters and representing the company in community matters to help establish Hexcel as an employer of choice and good industrial neighbor.
- BS/BA degree required preferably in engineering, chemistry, related technical or scientific discipline.
- Ten years’ experience in a multi-shift, multi-product manufacturing environment, preferably in an engineered products operation OR 5 years’ experience in the honeycomb composites industry.
- Strong orientation for excellent service to customers (internal or external).
- Displays integrity, leading by example, strong work ethic, visible and approachable on the production floor, positive motivator, and mentor, effective manager of change.
- Experienced in being highly efficient and organized in a fast-paced environment, provides sound reasoning and judgment, problem solving and decision making, perseverance in the presence of obstacles, collaborative, and open leadership style.
- Prefer experience leading continuous improvement efforts leveraging best practice tools and approaches (e.g. lean, six sigma, participative work teams, communications, measures, supply chain, etc.) and producing measurable results
- Prefer Aerospace industry experience (AS9100 Quality Standard)
- Prefer experience with cross-functional business activities (Marketing, Sales, Customer Service, R&T, etc.).
- Prefer supply chain management / systems capability and experience.
- Prefer prior responsibility for P&L at a plant-level with full knowledge of cost modeling, analysis, and related business implications.
At Hexcel, we strive to deliver a Total Rewards package that will attract, engage and retain the top talent. Elements of the Total Rewards package include competitive base pay and variable compensation opportunities.
Hexcel also provides eligible employees with an opportunity to enroll in a variety of benefit programs, generally including health insurance, flexible spending accounts, health savings accounts, retirement savings plans, life and disability insurance programs, and a number of programs that provide for both paid and unpaid time away from work.
The specific programs and options available to any given employee may vary depending on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date of hire, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.
Please note that the salary information shown above is a general guideline only. Salaries are based upon candidate experience and qualifications, as well as market and business considerations.
Eligible candidate must be: U.S. citizen, U.S. national, a person lawfully admitted for permanent residence, a temporary resident under sections 210(a) or 245(A) of the Act, a person admitted in refugee status, a person granted asylum. Hexcel (NYSE: HXL) is a global leader in advanced composites technology, a leading producer of carbon fiber, and the world leader in honeycomb manufacturing for the commercial aerospace industry.
Hexcel is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, status as protected veteran, or any other protected class.