With our strong investment in research and development and our culture of continuous improvement, Hexcel is the industry leader in the manufacturing of advance composite materials, including carbon fiber, woven reinforcements, resins, prepregs, honeycombs and additive manufactured parts. We invite you to join the Hexcel team at various manufacturing sites, sales offices and R&T centers around the globe. Become a part of the “strength within.”
Hexcel is currently seeking Packaging Associate for our Burlington, WA location. Hexcel Burlington is a great culture and a committed workforce. If you are someone who is detail oriented and loves a team environment, this position is for you! No previous experience required - we provide training! Full time benefits include medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, paid holidays and paid time off. We also offer alternative work schedules.
Summary pay range: $18.72 – $24.96 hourly wage rate.
The selected individual will be responsible for but not limited to the following obligations:
- Interfaces with production employees to identify upcoming shipping requirements and communicates this information with the shipping and receiving lead.
- Coordinates and helps package product to ensure proper labeling and counts as required. Visually inspects parts for damage and proper identification tags.
- Labels all boxes with proper information for handling and delivery. Coordinates information about size/weight of packages for proper shipping classification.
- Assembles boxes, crates and other similar items for shipments. Loads trucks for delivery.
- Supports plant safety and quality objectives.
- Applicants must show a stable work history, preferably in manufacturing and ability to work well with others in a team-oriented environment. Production employees are required to be able to work all shifts.
- These full-time positions require a high school diploma or GED, a copy of which may be required if Hexcel is unable to verify attainment of the degree. A post-offer drug test and physical is required.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; have manual dexterity; and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to walk and talk or hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Employees are often required to lift large, awkward tools that weigh up to 35 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Must have the ability to operate power tools and machines with moving parts.
At Hexcel, we strive to deliver a Total Rewards package that will attract, engage and retain the top talent. Elements of the Total Rewards package include competitive base pay and variable compensation opportunities.
Hexcel also provides eligible employees with an opportunity to enroll in a variety of benefit programs, generally including health insurance, flexible spending accounts, health savings accounts, retirement savings plans, life and disability insurance programs, and a number of programs that provide for both paid and unpaid time away from work.
The specific programs and options available to any given employee may vary depending on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date of hire, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.
Please note that the salary information shown above is a general guideline only. Salaries are based upon candidate experience and qualifications, as well as market and business considerations.
Eligible candidates must be a: U.S. citizen, U.S. national, person lawfully admitted for permanent residence, temporary resident under sections 210(a) or 245(A) of the Immigration and Nationality Act, person admitted in refugee status, or person granted asylum. Hexcel (NYSE: HXL) is a global leader in advanced composites technology, a leading producer of carbon fiber, and the world leader in honeycomb manufacturing for the commercial aerospace industry.
Hexcel is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, status as protected veteran, or any other protected class.