With our strong investment in research and development and our culture of continuous improvement, Hexcel is the industry leader in the manufacturing of advance composite materials, including carbon fiber, woven reinforcements, resins, prepregs, honeycombs and additive manufactured parts. We invite you to join the Hexcel team at various manufacturing sites, sales offices and R&T centers around the globe. Become a part of the “strength within.”
Hexcel is currently seeking a Materials Manager for our Burlington, WA location. The Material Manager is responsible for the production planning, plant scheduling and both direct and indirect material planning and replenishment. The Material Manager leads and works with the planning group to provide executable production plans and schedules to meet forecast and booked demand while optimizing quality, cost, and equipment capacity. This position will work directly with the Product Manager, Operations Manager, and Plant Manager. The Materials Manager will also work with Supply Chain Director to balance material supply and demand throughout the supply chain. This position will need to directly coordinate interplant supply/demand and production planning with each affected Hexcel plant on a global basis.
Hexcel Burlington has a great plant culture valuing diversity, safety, and working together as a team to achieve strong results. We are looking for someone who is detail oriented, enjoys working cross functionally to solve problems, and loves a team environment. Full time benefits include health benefits, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, 401(k) with company match, paid sick time, paid holidays and paid vacation. We also offer alternative work schedules.
Summary pay range: $97,599 – $167,312 annual salary.
The selected individual will be responsible for but not limited to the following obligations:
- Directs and demonstrates safe practices and policies and environmental protection.
- Optimizes the short and long term production planning, detail scheduling and material replenishment process for maximum utilization of the plant facilities and resources.
- Under the general guidance of the Supply Chain Director, develops targets, systems and procedures for achieving agreed inventory levels for raw materials, intermediates and finished goods.
- Balances supply and demand in the supply chain in collaboration with the other affected Hexcel Plants production planning/scheduling groups and through the SIOP process. If balance cannot be agreed then the constraints is to be escalated with the appropriate senior management for resolution/direction.
- Works in conjunction with the manufacturing operation to maximize customer service levels and on time delivery of customer orders. Works in conjunction with the Plant Manager, Operations Manager and Supply Chain Director towards achieving objectives.
- Assists with the inventory control function via cycle counting and physical inventories as needed.
- Collaborates with the Quality function on the customer return process and assists with supplier quality management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Administration, Operations Mgmt., or Engineering required.
- CPIM or CSCP certification preferred.
- 5 to 10 years’ experience in plant scheduling and supply chain management.
At Hexcel, we strive to deliver a Total Rewards package that will attract, engage and retain the top talent. Elements of the Total Rewards package include competitive base pay and variable compensation opportunities.
Hexcel also provides eligible employees with an opportunity to enroll in a variety of benefit programs, generally including health insurance, flexible spending accounts, health savings accounts, retirement savings plans, life and disability insurance programs, and a number of programs that provide for both paid and unpaid time away from work.
The specific programs and options available to any given employee may vary depending on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date of hire, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.
Please note that the salary information shown above is a general guideline only. Salaries are based upon candidate experience and qualifications, as well as market and business considerations.
Eligible candidate must be: U.S. citizen, U.S. national, a person lawfully admitted for permanent residence, a temporary resident under sections 210(a) or 245(A) of the Act, a person admitted in refugee status, a person granted asylum. Hexcel (NYSE: HXL) is a global leader in advanced composites technology, a leading producer of carbon fiber, and the world leader in honeycomb manufacturing for the commercial aerospace industry.
Hexcel is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, status as protected veteran, or any other protected class.