With our strong investment in research and development and our culture of continuous improvement, Hexcel is the industry leader in the manufacturing of advance composite materials, including carbon fiber, woven reinforcements, resins, prepregs, honeycombs and additive manufactured parts. We invite you to join the Hexcel team at various manufacturing sites, sales offices and R&T centers around the globe. Become a part of the “strength within.”
Hexcel is currently seeking a Maintenance Technician for our Burlington, WA location. This position may involve changing shifts and weekends to accommodate training. It may also be a non-standard shift of days as necessary to support business needs. We are looking for someone who is detail oriented and loves a team environment. Full time benefits include health benefits, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, 401(k) with company match, paid sick time, paid holidays and paid vacation. We also offer alternative work schedules.
Summary pay range: $31.65 – $36.44 hourly wage rate.
The selected individual will be responsible for but not limited to the following obligations:
- Works safely to solve problems and contributes to overall plant efficiency.
- Analyzes problems at the facility to determine cause, disassembles and repairs components, tools, and equipment. Uses fabrication skills to make repairs and improvements to team areas and production equipment.
- Provides prompt and courteous response when servicing equipment and aiding internal customers. Works overtime, on-call, and call-back as needed to support the plant operations.
- Installs, maintains, troubleshoots, and repairs components on electrical equipment up to 480 volts.
- Works in team environment to reach consensus decisions within established company guidelines and boundaries. Utilizes JSAs, lock out/tag out, and other safety tools including personal protective equipment to perform job assignments in a safe and efficient manner. Supports plant safety and quality objectives. Participates in plant/team lean and organization activities.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required. (Degree from Technical College a plus.) And minimum of five (5) years related experience in two (2) or more of the following skill areas: Fabrication, welding, Industrial Controls, electrician, industrial electrician, plumber, machinist, mechanic, and pneumatic and hydraulic systems electrician preferred.
- Mechanical aptitude and willingness to learn is required. Knowledge of how to use machines such as mills, lathes, drill presses, etc. is preferred. Strong machining skills, welding skills, and fabrication aptitude is preferred. Experience in repair and fabrication of industrial equipment is a plus.
- Knowledge of precision machines, troubleshooting, repair, and calibration desired. Familiarity and ability to install, troubleshoot, and program various industrial control systems (e.g. PLCs) is preferred. Training in electronic component troubleshooting and repair is a plus.
- Must be able to read and interpret documents such as safety precautions, operating and maintenance instructions, technical manuals, and procedure manuals.
- Regularly required to use hands. Long walking throughout the day as well as periods of standing, crouching, and kneeling. Frequently lifts 25 lbs. and occasionally lifts and/or moves up to 50 lbs. with assistance. Specific vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
At Hexcel, we strive to deliver a Total Rewards package that will attract, engage and retain the top talent. Elements of the Total Rewards package include competitive base pay and variable compensation opportunities.
Hexcel also provides eligible employees with an opportunity to enroll in a variety of benefit programs, generally including health insurance, flexible spending accounts, health savings accounts, retirement savings plans, life and disability insurance programs, and a number of programs that provide for both paid and unpaid time away from work.
The specific programs and options available to any given employee may vary depending on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date of hire, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.
Please note that the salary information shown above is a general guideline only. Salaries are based upon candidate experience and qualifications, as well as market and business considerations.
Eligible candidate must be: U.S. citizen, U.S. national, a person lawfully admitted for permanent residence, a temporary resident under sections 210(a) or 245(A) of the Act, a person admitted in refugee status, a person granted asylum. Hexcel (NYSE: HXL) is a global leader in advanced composites technology, a leading producer of carbon fiber, and the world leader in honeycomb manufacturing for the commercial aerospace industry.
Hexcel is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, status as protected veteran, or any other protected class.