With our strong investment in research and development and our culture of continuous improvement, Hexcel is the industry leader in the manufacturing of advance composite materials, including carbon fiber, woven reinforcements, resins, prepregs, honeycombs and additive manufactured parts. We invite you to join the Hexcel team at various manufacturing sites, sales offices and R&T centers around the globe. Become a part of the “strength within.”
Hexcel is currently seeking a Quality Engineer for our Burlington, WA location. Hexcel Burlington has a great plant culture valuing diversity, safety, and working together as a team to achieve strong results. We are looking for someone who is detail oriented, enjoys working cross functionally to solve problems, and loves a team environment. Our Quality Engineers provide leadership and direction for quality and inspection, planning, and change management. Additionally, this position ensures consistency, accuracy, and reliability of processes and quality controls by participation in quality review activities, corrective action analyses, performing audits and evaluating findings for corrective action. The QEs conduct positive, direct interactions with multiple customers. Full time benefits include health benefits, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, 401(k) with company match, paid sick time, paid holidays and paid vacation. We also offer alternative work schedules.
Summary pay range: $68,134 – $116,802 annually salary.
The selected individual will be responsible for but not limited to the following obligations:
- Develop programs that assist manufacturing in consistent quality improvement effort. Participate in design reviews, develop part inspection plans, and drive overall product quality improvement.
- Investigate quality nonconformances, recommend and/or help implement corrective actions. Maintain corrective action system as required to support customer requirements. Coordinate with cross-functional corrective action teams.
- Review specifications, both customer and internal. Analyze technical requirements of contracts, drawings and specifications to develop plans for product quality. Create and maintain quality documentation when required by customer or internal system.
- Interface with customers to ensure compliance with customer requirements as relates to quality systems including purchase orders, contracts, and the like.
- Coordinate, track, and assure performance of Quality Management System audits. Support intra-company, cross-functional audits, as needed. Assist with performance of customer audits and assist customers with on-site audits. Perform supplier audits, when needed, and assist in flow-down of requirements and quality system to suppliers.
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university. Previous experience in a technical capacity highly preferred.
- CQE certification is a plus. AS 9100/ ISO 9001 audit experience highly preferred. Working knowledge of statistical methods / SPC as well as AS9100, ISO 9001 and/or Nadcap standards.
- Experience with composite materials and lean manufacturing is a plus. Six Sigma, green or black belt certifications, or similar, strongly preferred.
- Strong communication and interaction skills to work with all levels of the organization. Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, and proficient in the use of statistical analysis software.
- Fundamental understanding of Quality Management Systems to include the purpose and baseline standards. Fundamental understanding of process management, product/process risk management, and process metrics.
At Hexcel, we strive to deliver a Total Rewards package that will attract, engage and retain the top talent. Elements of the Total Rewards package include competitive base pay and variable compensation opportunities.
Hexcel also provides eligible employees with an opportunity to enroll in a variety of benefit programs, generally including health insurance, flexible spending accounts, health savings accounts, retirement savings plans, life and disability insurance programs, and a number of programs that provide for both paid and unpaid time away from work.
The specific programs and options available to any given employee may vary depending on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date of hire, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.
Please note that the salary information shown above is a general guideline only. Salaries are based upon candidate experience and qualifications, as well as market and business considerations.
Eligible candidate must be: U.S. citizen, U.S. national, a person lawfully admitted for permanent residence, a temporary resident under sections 210(a) or 245(A) of the Act, a person admitted in refugee status, a person granted asylum. Hexcel (NYSE: HXL) is a global leader in advanced composites technology, a leading producer of carbon fiber, and the world leader in honeycomb manufacturing for the commercial aerospace industry.
Hexcel is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, status as protected veteran, or any other protected class.