Assistant Store Manager ( North Region )
Assistant Store Manager ( North Region )
Job Title: Assistant Manager
About the Position
The Assistant Manager manages the day-to-day operations of the retail & production departments. Responsible for the receiving retail sales and moving donations from the receiving area to the retail sales floor, maximizing retail dollars from our donations while maintaining an optimum level of merchandise production.
Essential Functions and Responsibilitiesinclude the following. Other duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
- Spend time in each department area daily checking workflow, individual performance and relieving employees as needed.
- Implement and track ongoing training of production concerning quality, pricing, and merchandising criteria.
- Monitor and record each employee’s daily production.
- Responsible for daily departmental production, reviewing performance and production needs with the Store Manager on a regular basis.
- Audit quality decisions of donations moving to the store and to salvage.
- Direct production employees in ragging off and markdowns based on planned sales promotions.
- Cross train staff in functions concerning retail issues.
- Monitor inventory levels and order as need supplemental merchandise from warehouse.
- Inventory and order production supplies.
- Promote, coordinate and oversee safety issues in the production area.
- Manage disposal of garbage, recycling and hazardous waste materials in a cost saving manner and according to applicable regulations and company policies.
- Communicate effectively with the Transportation department.
- Promote a clean work environment.
- Upholds safe work practices in support of a safety culture through awareness and observation; train and educate employees of safety requirements; reports any potential hazards or accidents.
- Other duties as assigned.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Goodwill’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; monitoring performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; and addressing complaints and resolving problems. Partner with People Relations as needed and appropriate.
Position Requirements (Qualifications for the job under the Americans with Disabilities Act)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum High School diploma; or equivalent GED.
- Minimum 1 year’s retail, production or warehouse experience.
- Minimum1 year’s supervisory experience.
- Ability to lead a team.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to motivate people, instill accountability and achieve results.
Certificates, Licenses, or Registrations: N/A
- Proficient knowledge with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams).
- Ability to learn new technology and software as related to the job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be required to lift and carry 35 pounds; have developed fine motor control (grasp, handle, manipulate objects with fingers; standing for long periods, frequent bending, kneeling, reaching, stooping, squatting, pushing; climbing ladders; able to travel across a variety of surfaces (stairs, ramps, uneven terrain). Ability to operate computer systems. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.Able to communicate with others effectively both verbally and written, including those who have limited English skills. Maintain reliable attendance.
Essential Mental/Sensory Abilities:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong internal/external customer service skills
- Customer service skills
- Organizing, sorting, categorizing, counting, adding, subtracting,
- Interpreting data
- Problem Solving
- Leadership/coaching skills
Work Environment:Warehouse/production environment, dust, noise. Must be able to work a flexible schedule and attend on and off site meetings. Must have reliable transportation.
General Description of All Benefits
Evergreen Goodwill provides the following benefits to employees:
- 20% employee shopping discount at all retail and outlet locations
- Healthcare benefits, including medical, dental and vision for full-time employees who work 30 hours or more per week
- Vacation pay – based on job role and tenure
- Sick time pay – based on accruals and Seattle Paid Sick/Safe Time
- 9 paid holidays per year (includes floating holidays)
- Voluntary insurance plans for full-time employees who work 30 hours or more per week
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) full-time employees who work 30 hours or more per week
- Basic AD&D and Basic Life Insurance for full-time employees who work 30 hours or more per week
- Long Term Disability insurance for exempt (salaried full-time employees)
- 403(b) Retirement Savings Plan
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) – free and confidential
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Employee loan program – for critical needs such as rent, electric bill, etc.
- Educational loan program
- Some job roles are eligible for bonuses
- Jury duty and bereavement pay
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Goodwill believes that each employee makes a significant contribution to our success. That contribution should not be limited by the assigned responsibilities. This position description is designed to outline primary duties, qualifications and job scope, but not limit our employees nor Goodwill to just the work identified. It is our expectation that each employee will offer their services wherever and whenever necessary to ensure the success of the Goodwill.
- Job Family Production
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $54,000.00
- Max Hiring Rate $60,000.00