Material Handler Full-Time & Part-Time
Material Handler Full-Time & Part-Time
Job Title: Material Handler
About the Position
The Production Associate unload donations from containers and move goods to appropriate production areas.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities: Other duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
- Remove and sort through salvage material and garbage from salable goods.
- Sort donations into appropriate bins for further processing.
- Provide a smooth flow of goods to the production floor.
- Use cardboard compactors and identify problems.
- Maintain donor tallies.
- Maintain a clean work environment.
- Demonstrate safe work practices through awareness and observation in support of a safety culture; reports any potential hazards or accidents.
- Build and maintain internal and external customer satisfaction.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- If applicable: Consistent and safe execution of duties associated with forklift operation when certified to Seattle Goodwill standards.*
- Are not allowed to use or perform any job duties with any heavy machinery or compactors. Minors:
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Position Requirements (Qualifications for the job under the Americans with Disabilities Act)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience:
- High school graduate or equivalency preferred, but not required
Certificates, Licenses, or Registrations:
- If applicable to job role: Seattle Goodwill Forklift certification optional, must meet eligibility requirements
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be required to lift and carry up to 30-40 pounds; have developed fine motor control (grasp, handle, manipulate objects with fingers; standing for long periods, frequent bending, kneeling, reaching, stooping, squatting, pushing; climbing ladders; able to travel across a variety of surfaces (stairs, ramps, uneven terrain).Able to communicate with others effectively both verbally and written, including those who have limited English skills. Maintain reliable attendance.
Essential Mental/Sensory Abilities:
- Organizing, sorting, categorizing, counting, adding, subtracting
- Problem Solving
- Communicating with the public
- Verbal and written communication skills
Outdoors and warehouse environment, temperature varies, exposure to dust.
General Description of All Benefits
Evergreen Goodwill provides the following benefits to employees:
- 20% employee shopping discount at all retail and outlet locations
- Healthcare benefits, including medical, dental and vision for full-time employees who work 30 hours or more per week
- Vacation pay – based on job role and tenure
- Sick time pay – based on accruals and Seattle Paid Sick/Safe Time
- 9 paid holidays per year (includes floating holidays)
- Voluntary insurance plans for full-time employees who work 30 hours or more per week
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) full-time employees who work 30 hours or more per week
- Basic AD&D and Basic Life Insurance for full-time employees who work 30 hours or more per week
- Long Term Disability insurance for exempt (salaried full-time employees)
- 403(b) Retirement Savings Plan
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) – free and confidential
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Employee loan program – for critical needs such as rent, electric bill, etc.
- Educational loan program
- Some job roles are eligible for bonuses
- Jury duty and bereavement pay
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Goodwill believes that each employee makes a significant contribution to our success. That contribution should not be limited by the assigned responsibilities. This position description is designed to outline primary duties, qualifications and job scope, but not limit our employees nor Goodwill to just the work identified. It is our expectation that each employee will offer their services wherever and whenever necessary to ensure the success of the Goodwill.
- Job Family Production
- Job Function Hourly
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $16.56
- Max Hiring Rate $17.56