Bus Driver - Part Time 16-24 hrs (Whatcom County)
Bus Driver (Whatcom County)
Job Title: Driver – Mission Job Training and Education
About the Position
The Driver (non-CDL) for Mission Job Training and Education operates vehicleswithin Evergreen Goodwill’s region to transport instructional staff and associated equipment for offsite classes, workshops, and events.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities: Other duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
- Drive vehicles to designated locations in King, Kitsap, Snohomish, Skagit, and Whatcom County.
- Ensure that vehicle is always fueled and ready for use
- Use navigation applications to determine best possible route.
- Research and plan route ,traffic, construction and weather delays
- Assist with set up and break down of equipment for classes, workshops, and events associated with the Evergreen Goodwill vehicles.
- Drive and maintain company vehicles in a safe, efficient manner.
- Accurately complete vehicle safety pre-checks and checks. Ensure vehicle mileage and fuel/repair records are up to date.
- Escalate any issues and work with outside vendors as required.
- Maintain the cleanliness inside /outside the bus and dis-infect the bus as required.
- Compliance with all traffic laws, and federal and state transit regulations and Evergreen Goodwill policy.
- Knowledge on basic vehicle repairs.
- Recommend any updates or upgrades required for the Digital Equity Bus (DEB).
- Knowledge of wheelchair lift operation.
- Build and maintain internal and external customer satisfaction.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed including office assistance.
- Demonstrates safe workplace practices through awareness and conservation in support of a safety culture; reports any potential hazards or accidents.
- Distribution of technology equipment, hotspots, anddata entry in the system.
- Knowledge on Wi-Fi configuration and troubleshooting, generator operation, HVAC, digital reader board programming
- Other duties as assigned.
Position Requirements (Qualifications for the job under the Americans with Disabilities Act)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- A minimum of two years of large vehicle/bus driving experience
- Must be able to read, write and understand English
Certificates, Licenses, or Registrations:
- Current WA state driver’s license
- Clean driving record; must submit a driving abstract upon hire
- Must be able to pass Pre-Employment drug and alcohol test
- CDL preferred
- Ability to use a mobile phone, laptop and computer
- Basic knowledge on Microsoft Office Outlook, Word, Excel, Teams and Google Chrome
Developed fine motor control (grasp, handle, manipulate objects with fingers;
Standing for long periods of time; frequent bending, kneeling, reaching, stooping, squatting, pushing; climbing ladders. Able to travel across a variety of surfaces (stairs, ramps, uneven terrain). Required to lift and carry items weighing up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Maintain reliable attendance.
Essential Mental/Sensory Abilities:
- Problem solving
- Attention to detail
- Time management, multi-tasking, organizational skills
Work Environment:Indoor/outdoor working environment, temperature varies, exposure to dust.
General Description of All Benefits
Evergreen Goodwill provides the following benefits to employees:
- 20% employee shopping discount at all retail and outlet locations
- Healthcare benefits, including medical, dental and vision for full-time employees who work 30 hours or more per week
- Vacation pay – based on job role and tenure
- Sick time pay – based on accruals and Seattle Paid Sick/Safe Time
- 9 paid holidays per year (includes floating holidays)
- Voluntary insurance plans for full-time employees who work 30 hours or more per week
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) full-time employees who work 30 hours or more per week
- Basic AD&D and Basic Life Insurance for full-time employees who work 30 hours or more per week
- Long Term Disability insurance for exempt (salaried full-time employees)
- 403(b) Retirement Savings Plan
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) – free and confidential
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Employee loan program – for critical needs such as rent, electric bill, etc.
- Educational loan program
- Some job roles are eligible for bonuses
- Jury duty and bereavement pay
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Goodwill believes that each employee makes a significant contribution to our success. That contribution should not be limited by the assigned responsibilities. This position description is designed to outline primary duties, qualifications and job scope, but not limit our employees nor Goodwill to just the work identified. It is our expectation that each employee will offer their services wherever and whenever necessary to ensure the success of the Goodwill.
- Job Family Mission
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $20.00
- Max Hiring Rate $24.00