Production Associate - Part Time
Job Title:Production Associate
Merit increase after 90 days!
About the Position
Sort salable from salvage material and prepare merchandise for sale, sustaining production plant and retail operation.
Remove salvage material and garbage from salable goods.
Evaluate and determine product value.
Prepare salable goods for retail store.
Maintain production tallies.
Maintain adequate merchandise in the retail store.
Identify goods for special sales and auctions.
Process and remove unsold items as appropriate.
Maintain supplies inventory.
Maintain a clean work environment.
Demonstrate safe work practices through awareness and observation in support of a safety culture; reports any potential hazards or accidents.
Build and maintain internal and external customer satisfaction.
Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Job Requirements
Education: High School Diploma or Equivalent Preferred
Specific Skills/Knowledge/Licenses: None
Essential Physical Abilities:
Lifting and carrying 30 - 40 pounds; Developed fine motor control (grasp, handle, manipulate objects with fingers;
Standing for long periods of time; frequent bending, kneeling, reaching, stooping, squatting, pushing; climbing ladders;
Able to travel across a variety of surfaces (stairs, ramps, uneven terrain)
Essential Mental/Sensory Abilities:
Organizing, sorting, categorizing, counting, adding, subtracting,
Communicating with the public
Create and read written communication
Completing written orders
Warehouse environment, temperature varies, exposure to dust.
General Description of All Benefits
Evergreen Goodwill provides the following benefits to employees:
- 20% employee shopping discount at all retail and outlet locations
- Healthcare benefits, including medical, dental and vision for full-time employees who work 30 hours or more per week
- Vacation pay – based on job role and tenure
- Sick time pay – based on accruals and Seattle Paid Sick/Safe Time
- 9 paid holidays per year (includes floating holidays)
- Voluntary insurance plans for full-time employees who work 30 hours or more per week
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) full-time employees who work 30 hours or more per week
- Basic AD&D and Basic Life Insurance for full-time employees who work 30 hours or more per week
- Long Term Disability insurance for exempt (salaried full-time employees)
- 403(b) Retirement Savings Plan
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) – free and confidential
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Employee loan program – for critical needs such as rent, electric bill, etc.
- Educational loan program
- Some job roles are eligible for bonuses
- Jury duty and bereavement pay
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Goodwill believes that each employee makes a significant contribution to our success. That contribution should not be limited by the assigned responsibilities. This position description is designed to outline primary duties, qualifications and job scope, but not limit our employees nor Goodwill to just the work identified. It is our expectation that each employee will offer their services wherever and whenever necessary to ensure the success of the Goodwill.
- Job Family Production
- Job Function Hourly
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $16.56
- Max Hiring Rate $17.56