#2023-12 Scaffold Laborer
Dakota Creek Industries
Job Title: Scaffold Laborer
Posting Number: 2023-12
Posting Date: 09/19/2023
Posting Closes: when filled
Duties: Build, position, inspect and dismantle tube and clamp scaffolds according to sketches, blueprints and company standards.
Requirements: Due to the secure nature of this project a pre-employment screening will be performed upon eligible candidate accepting our employment offer.
Specific Job Skills:
- 2 years’ experience building and maintaining scaffolding.
- Preference will be given to applicants with construction experience; experience in shipyard industry preferred.
- Ability to read mechanical drawings and blueprints.
- Ability to use forklift and variety of aerial lifts.
- Problem solving abilities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review blueprints and specifications to determine dimensions of structure and select appropriate materials and tools.
- Prepare site prior to scaffold erection, modification or dismantling.
- Properly secure surrounding area, put up caution tape, flags and hang tags on flagging.
- Assemble, build, maintain and dismantle scaffold containing handrails, mid rails, braces and planks, toe boards, screening, locking pins and wheels to specifications
- Secure scaffolding to permanent structure.
- Communicate with site supervisors to ensure the scaffolding is properly maintained.
- Perform daily inspections of the scaffolding, review and sign off “Scaffold Tags”.
- Manage handling and storage of scaffolding inventory and equipment.
- Plan, develop and implement scaffold safety including crew safety meetings and communication of emergency plans
- Safely perform work in small and/or confined spaces, on ladders, and at heights of 20 feet or more.
- Recognize and resolve unsafe working condition
- Effectively communicate information and ideas in English both verbally and in writing without assistance or translation.
- Accurately use a tape measure and other measuring devices.
Job Scope: This position routinely works with minimal supervision taking instruction from specifications, work orders, blueprints, schematics, and other documentation.
Interpersonal Contacts: This position works both independently and as part of a team. The ability to communicate effectively and respectfully with others within a team, and other trades of the organization is essential in this role.
Job Conditions: Work is performed in a wide variety of environments including heights of 20 feet or more, small and confined spaces, and outdoors in all weather conditions. Will bend twist, kneel, walk, climb, and reach for 1-12 hours per day. Will crouch, stand for 1-12 hours per day. Will endure noise, fumes, dust, and inclement weather. Must be able to lift and carry 1-75 pounds throughout the day. Must be able to push and pull up to 75 pounds and safely wear a respirator when needed.
Benefits: include medical, vision, dental, access to company clinic, vacation pay, sick pay, paid holidays, and bonus.
Dakota Creek Industries, Inc. is a drug free, smoke free workplace. Prospective employees must pass a drug test and a physical as well as pre-employment screening.
Pay Range: DOE (range of $20.63-$24.27/hour)
To Apply: In order to apply, please complete an application which may be downloaded from our website www.dakotacreek.com. The completed application must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to (360) 293-6432. A resume will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application form but may be included with the application. Applications will not be accepted in person and are not available pre-printed. Position will close when filled.
EOE AA / M / F / Vet / Disability