Facility Monitor - On Call
City of Mount Vernon
This position is responsible for monitoring events taking place at Mount Vernon Parks and Enrichment Services rental facilities and performing administrative duties when needed, such as phone calling, organizing files, copying, etc. The facilities could include, but are not limited to, the Sherman Anderson Ballpark, Hillcrest Lodge, and the Vaux Retreat Center. This position must be knowledgeable of the facilities rules and regulations and ensure compliance. Interaction with the public is an integral part of this position and excellent customer service is essential. This position represents the City and Parks and Enrichment Services Department and must effectively communicate and interact with rental customers, fellow city staff, and the general public. Work schedule varies based on facility rentals.
Essential functions may include any of the following representative duties, knowledge, and skills. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY, and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and duties performed by incumbents of this class. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Primary function is to ensure all rental rules and regulations are followed by event sponsor and guests to assure safety and protect City facilities.
- Prior to monitoring an event, review information packet to become familiar with the event.
- Ensure all permits for the rental are displayed by the event sponsor/coordinator.
- Responsible for promoting safety and maintaining order at facilities during events. Periodically walk the venue’s grounds to confirm appropriate activity is occurring.
- Act as liaison between event sponsor and City if problems arise.
- Complete reporting forms and return to the Parks and Enrichment Services Administration office.
- Responsible for shutting down an event if the event sponsor/coordinator is unwilling or unable to comply with the rules and regulations.
- Responsible for providing event sponsor/coordinator with direction and supervision of clean-up tasks and check renter out at end of the event with a walk through of the facility.
- Accountable for making sure the facility is secure at the conclusion of the rental.
- Requires frequent interaction with the public including children and adults. It is expected of all employees to present a positive image of the City of Mount Vernon to various users, participants and the public.
- Attend and participate in assigned meetings and training session.
- When needed, assist with park duties to include locking up restrooms, locking park gates, emptying trash cans.
- Sherman Anderson Baseball Field events; basic ballfield maintenance to include remarking lines, wetting down infield and raking out base paths as needed.
- Must be able to work flexible hours, including nights and weekends and may be needed to work city sponsored events.
- Must provide own transportation to work site.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Education, Training and Experience Guidelines.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Must be at least 21 years of age;
- Experience working with the public and large groups in a public setting is preferred
- An equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the desired knowledge, skills and abilities will be considered.
License and Certification Requirements.
- Valid Washington State driver’s license. Must have a driving history acceptable to the city and must maintain an insurable driving record.
- CPR & AED and First Aid – required within 6 months of hire.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Operation of office and facility rental equipment (computer, copies, phone laptop, projector, screen, etc.)
- Operations of basic field preparation to include infield rake, ballfield drag, field liner.
- Policies, procedures, and regulations that govern the rental facilities.
- Basic computer programs, phones, and office equipment.
- Health Department rules and regulations.
- State Liquor Control Board rules and regulations.
- Basic emergency protocols.
- Utilizing a computer and relevant software applications;
- Time management and work prioritization;
- Providing attention to detail.
- Positively and effectively communicate with all customers, service groups, and staff, both orally and in writing.
- Provide high quality customer service.
- Work independently.
- Perform manual tasks, as needed.
- Recognize safety concerns and handle appropriately.
- Maintain equipment, facility, and grounds.
- Maintain accurate records.
- Enforce rules and regulations with rental groups.
- Communicate in Spanish is desirable, but not required.
- Operate facility equipment to include sound.
- Work flexible hours, including nights and weekends and may be needed to work city sponsored events.
- Provide own transportation to work site.
- Paid sick leave
The City of Mount Vernon provides and enforces a drug free workplace and maintains a smoke free work environment. The City of Mount Vernon is an Equal Opportunity Employer.