Seasonal Parks Maintenance Worker- 3 Months
JOB TITLE: Seasonal Parks Maintenance Worker – 3 months (Multiple Positions, May/June Start Dates)
DEPARTMENT: Parks and Enrichment Services
SALARY: $18.01 to $20.28 per hour
CLOSING DATE: This position is open until filled with a first review date of
March 4, 2022
This position is responsible for maintaining specific parks areas and supervising scheduled public activities in assigned areas.
EXAMPLES OF FUNCTIONS:
Essential functions may include any of the following representative duties, knowledge, and skills. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY, and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and duties performed by incumbents of this class. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Daily maintenance of various park buildings and park grounds as assigned.
• Picking up litter, emptying garbage cans, weeding flowerbeds, watering trees/plants, painting, mowing.
• Operate various hand and power tools and equipment.
• Clean restrooms, mop floors, wash windows.
• Prepare baseball/softball fields for play.
• Communicate with the public in a polite and professional manner.
• Compete incident report forms immediately after a situation occurs and route them to the Parks Supervisor.
• Set up and work City sponsored special events as needed.
• Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Safe operation of power tools and equipment.
• Use of hand tools.
• Excellent customer service.
• Work outdoors in a variety of weather conditions.
• Work independently but remain a member of the Parks’ team.
• Work weekends, evenings and holiday, if needed.
• Follow detailed instructions.
• Complete duties in an effective and timely manner.
• Communicate orally and in writing in a concise, accurate and courteous manner to citizens.
• Work well with other employees.
• Regularly lift 60 pounds.
• Maintain composure when interacting with angry or upset individuals.
• High School Degree or GED
• Must be 18 years of age.
• Must possess a valid Washington State Driver’s License with a driving record acceptable to the City.
• Must be able to successfully pass background check.
Effective August 16, 2021, all new hires to the City will be required as a condition of employment to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to start date. If you have questions or need an accommodation for this requirement due to a disability or religious reason, you can speak to our HR Department for further information.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
Adequate hearing, correctable vision, manual dexterity to operate power equipment safely in a noisy work environment. Ability to perform physical labor including operating mechanical equipment for extended periods of time. Ability to perform tasks involving repetitive arm movements for extended periods of time. Ability to regularly lift 60 lbs. Equipment and materials in excess of this weight are lifted with assistance.
Interested applicants must submit cover letter and resume with their application. Please visit www.mountvernonwa.gov/jobs to apply online. First review of applications to take place on March 4, 2022. For additional information please contact Human Resources at email@example.com.
The City of Mount Vernon provides and enforces a drug free workplace and maintains a smoke free work environment. The City of Mount Vernon is an Equal Opportunity Employer.