PC Technician II
City of Mount Vernon
Under general supervision, the PC Technician II provides technical support to end users of various technologies to include desktop and custom applications and computer hardware.
Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include any of the following representative duties, knowledge, and skills. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and duties performed by incumbents of this class. Employees are required to be in attendance and prepared to begin work at their assigned work location on the specified days and hours. Factors such as regular attendance at the job are not routinely listed in job descriptions but are an essential function. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following**:**
- Investigates, diagnoses, and troubleshoots computer hardware and software related problems for customers and staff.
- Sets up and configures new computers and peripheral equipment; installs new software and applications.
- Maintains, patches, updates, and fixes desktop software systems.
- Creates and removes user accounts for City networks, emails, phones, and other security access.
- Tracks and updates department inventory records.
- Provides guidance to users on new software and equipment.
- Completes special projects and tasks as assigned.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Education, Training, and Experience Guidelines Associate degree in Information Science or related field AND three (3) years of experience providing IT related support and troubleshooting for end users; OR an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Applicable local, State, and Federal laws, codes, regulations, and ordinances.
- General office policies, procedures, and equipment.
- Customer service principles, practices, and etiquette.
- Records maintenance and retention policies and procedures.
- Basic troubleshooting methods.
- Commonly used hardware and software systems.
- Microsoft 365 applications and platforms
- Azure Active Directory and Microsoft Active Directory
- Basic networking
- Maintaining accurate records and filing systems.
- Interacting tactfully and professionally with City staff, outside agencies, and the public.
- Working independently with little or no direct supervision.
- Organizing and prioritizing tasks to meet deadlines.
- Completing multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Typing and entering data with speed and accuracy.
- Preparing clear and concise communications, reports, and technical documents.
- Analyzing complex issues and implementing appropriate responses.
- Establishing and maintaining cooperative working relationships.
- Communicating effectively verbally and in writing.
LICENSE AND CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
- Must possess a valid Washington state driver's license.
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurances
- $50,000 Life Insurance policy
- Employee Assistance Program
- Department of Retirement Systems Retirement Plan
- Paid vacation, holidays and sick leave
- Gym Membership reimbursement
- Deferred Compensation (voluntary)
APPLICATION PROCESS:** Interested applicants must submit cover letter and resume with their application. Applications must be received no later than 11:59 pm on Wednesday, November 29, 2023**. For additional information, or a complete job description, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com.
The City of Mount Vernon provides and enforces a drug free workplace
and maintains a smoke free work environment.
The City of Mount Vernon is an Equal Opportunity Employer.