Parks Maintenance Worker - 6 Month Seasonal
City of Mount Venon
This position is responsible for maintaining specific park areas and supervising scheduled public activities in assigned areas. This position works a varied schedule including possible week-ends, evenings and holidays if needed. This position reports to the Parks Maintenance Assistant Supervisor and Parks Operations Supervisor and/or any other employee with higher classification.
This position uses a variety of hand and power tools and equipment such as shovels, rakes, axes, pruners, chain saws, weed eaters, backpack blowers, edgers, and any type of mower, tractor, trucks, and trailers, and other equipment owned or rented by the City on a daily basis. This position works primarily outdoors in a variety of weather conditions and Terrain.
Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include any of the following representative duties, knowledge, and skills. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and duties performed by incumbents of this class. Employees are required to be in attendance and prepared to begin work at their assigned work location on the specified days and hours. Factors such as regular attendance at the job are not routinely listed in job descriptions but are an essential function. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Responsible for the daily maintenance of various park buildings and park grounds as assigned. Duties include but are not limited to: Picking up litter, emptying garbage cans, weeding flowerbeds, watering trees/plants, painting, mowing, operating various hand, power tools and equipment . Must be able to operate a city vehicle, clean restrooms, mop floors, wash windows, prepare baseball/softball fields for play, and communicate with the public in a polite and professional manner.
- Set up and working of City Sponsored Special Events as needed.
- Responsible for completing Incident Report Forms immediately after a situation occurs and routes them to the Parks Supervisor.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
- High School Degree or GED
- Must be 18 years of age.
- Must possess a valid Washington State Driver’s License with a driving record acceptable to the City.
- Must be able to successfully pass background check.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities