Entry-Level or Lateral Firefighter-Paramedics: NEW HIRE BONUS PROGRAM
City of Burlington
The Fire Department currently consists of twenty-eight (28) full-time employees, including the Chief, Assistant Chief, Division Chief, Administrative Coordinator, Firefighter-EMTs, and Firefighter-Paramedics. Career staff work a 48/96 schedule and are supplemented by part-time Firefighter-EMTs.
New Hire Bonus (Certified WA State Paramedics):
- 3 or more year’s Full-Time Paramedic experience $12,000.00
- Less than 3 year’s Full-Time Paramedic experience $8,000.00
- No Full-Time Paramedic experience $5,000.00
- Entry Level: IFSAC Firefighter I of equivalent certification preferred, or must obtain within twelve (12) months of hire date. Washington State Paramedic Certification is preferred; if applicant does not hold a Washington State Paramedic Certification they must have a National Registry Paramedic Certification at the time of hire.
- Lateral: Twenty-four (24) months of full-time experience within the last thirty-six (36) months is required. IFSAC Firefighter I of equivalent certification required. Washington State Paramedic Certification is preferred, but required to hold National Registry Paramedic certification at the time of application.
- Generous medical/dental/vision insurance package, plus
- Vacation and Sick Leave
- Holiday Pay
- LEOFF 2 Retirement System
- Up to 6.2% Deferred Compensation Match
- Medical Expense Reimbursement Plan or Flexible Spending Account
- EAP Services
- Up to $40 per month for health club memberships
- Education Incentive Pay
To apply for the position, all candidates must submit 1) Cover Letter, 2) Resume, and 3) completed City of Burlington Application. To be eligible for consideration, Entry-Level candidates must complete the FireTEAM Exam with National Testing Network (NTN), include copies of applicable certificates, and provide a valid NTN CPAT within thirty (30) days of acceptance of the Conditional Offer from the City of Burlington. Lateral candidates must include copies of applicable certificates, and provide a valid NTN CPAT at date of application. All candidates must be available for in-person Assessment Center testing on October 18, 2023.
• High School Diploma or GED required.• Must be 21 years of age by the date of hire.• Must be eligible to work in the United States.• Washington State Paramedic Certification is preferred; if applicant does not hold a Washington State Paramedic Certification they must have a National Registry Paramedic Certification at the time of application if lateral, or by time of hire if entry-level.• IFSAC Firefighter I or equivalent certification, or must obtain within 12 months of hire date.• All candidates must possess, or obtain a current CPAT within thirty (30) days of acceptance of the Conditional Offer from the City.• Must be able to read and speak English.• Passing score on respirator medical questionnaire and medical evaluation.• Pass a physical examination including a pre-employment drug screen. • Submit to a background investigation prior to being hired.• No felony convictions or disqualifying criminal history as defined in City Policy. • Must have a valid driver’s license and an acceptable driving record.• Must obtain a State of Washington driver’s license within 6 months of hire date. • Hazmat Operations level certification. • EVIP or CDL certification.