Admin & Marketing Assistant II
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Reports To: Operations Manager
Date: January 25, 2024
Description of Company:
Chinook Enterprises is a non-profit organization that was founded in 1980. We are a non-profit designed to operate as a business, but with a social mission: supporting full participation in community life for people with disabilities or other barriers. Full participation must start with successful employment.
About the Position:
Experienced level administrative assistant job. The job typically requires high school graduate level reading, communication, math and problem-solving skills and 3+ years of experience, or equivalent. Incumbents perform administrative support work; specific duties vary with department(s) assigned. Assists the department or function manager and other department or function staff by performing a variety of support duties, such as conference or meeting planning, preparing complex documents, or coordinating activities. Collects, compiles, records, or otherwise gathers data and prepares standard and custom reports with information necessary for decision-making. Incumbents typically use computer applications for word processing, spreadsheets, databases, graphics, web page content preparation or scheduling. Other skills may include use of a programmable telephone system, audiovisual equipment, or the internet. Incumbents must have the ability to exercise independent judgment and discretion. Incumbents make non-routine choices within established guidelines, with minimal supervision.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Other duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Greet and check in visitors to determine what Chinook staff member to contact, then connect the visitor with the correct Chinook host.
- Issue visitor’s badge.
- Manage incoming phone calls, walk-in inquires, deliveries and emails.
- Assist with updating records and databases, submitting timely reports via Excel, PowerPoint and all Microsoft Suite Products and preparing presentations/proposals.
- Maintain internal schedules and Outlook calendars for the organization. This can include adding events and meetings to shared calendars, updating event information, and recording appointments, events and time off.
- Handle incoming and outgoing mail and correspondence. Sort the day’s mail, date stamp, and place mail directly in employees’ mailboxes.
- Take meeting minutes, publish, and translate documents using software tools.
- Support departments with errands to bank, post office, and other community sites.
- Support facility and vehicle maintenance including scheduling, correspondence, communications, and execution.
- Organize and stock the office to create an inclusive work environment for staff, including tracking office supplies and placing orders.
- Assist management and designated personnel in the completion of necessary work.
- Confer with leadership team to supportvelopment of projects for use in fresh marketing initiatives.
- Work alongside CEO and Marketing Consultant(s) to identify, develop, or evaluate marketing strategy, based on objectives, market characteristics, cost, and other factors. Help develop advertising materials, newsletters, and materials for direct mail, develop website, photo, blog, and video content.
- Work alongside CEO and Marketing Consultant to formulate, direct, or coordinate marketing activities to promote product or services.
- Partner with CEO and CES Manager to support fundraising efforts/goals.
- Partner with CEO to research, organize, write, and submit grant proposals.
- Assist with coordination of event planning committee activities, event calendar, set-up, and execution, as needed.
- Exercise independent judgement and discretion.
- Make non-routine choices within established guidelines, with minimal supervision.
- Other duties as assigned.
Essential Skills and Abilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of…
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with co-workers on projects requiring specific expertise or input.
- Ability to answer multiple telephone lines quickly and politely.
- Knowledge of business correspondence.
- Knowledge of standard office procedures.
- Knowledge of office machine operation, inclusive of scanning, copier, fax, printers, and postage meter.
- Ability to make appropriate suggestions and process improvement for overall organization.
- Ability to adhere to corporate policies as detailed in the Employee Policies and Procedures Handbook.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software with the ability to learn to utilize new technologies.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- A minimum of three years’ experience in Administration or related experience required.
- Required Washington State Driver’s license, basic vehicle liability insurance and be insurable.
- Required to submit and pass a Washington State Patrol background check as well as a DSHS background check.
- Must have, or obtain, a CPR certificate within six months of employment or current certification upon hire.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally required to lift and/or move 20-30 pounds. The employee is regularly required to sit at a desk and work on a computer for prolonged periods of time. The employee must be able to access and navigate each department onsite. Occasionally required to stoop, kneel, squat or crouch.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is routinely indoors in an office type setting. The employee greets and interacts with incoming customers, stakeholders as well as employees on a regular basis. The employee is occasionally exposed to work near moving mechanical parts or outdoor weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is generally low.
- We are committed to adding voices to our team that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We encourage black, Indigenous and people of color (BIPOC), military veterans and spouses, individuals with disabilities, LGBTQ+ identifying individuals, and those with work gaps to apply and help us in our vision to realize a community that celebrates inclusion and diversity through innovative leadership and partnerships.
- To learn more about us, the position and to apply, please visit https://chinookenterprises.org/careers-at-chinook
- Download our application and submit it with your Cover Letter and Resume through our website.
- Or apply in person at: Chinook Enterprises, 2026 Laventure Rd. Mt Vernon, WA 98273
SALARY & BENEFITS
Days & Hours: 7:30am – 4:00pm Monday – Friday (40 hours/week)
Level I Starting Wage: $18.06 – 21.59 per hour DOE
Level II Starting Wage: $22.95 – 27.44 per hour DOE
Benefits: We offer an excellent benefits package, including full coverage on medical, dental, long-term disability, life insurance, 401(k) matching retirement, 10 paid holidays, 160 hours of paid vacation, paid sick leave, an optional vision benefit that is available at a low cost, voluntary life insurance, dependent care FSA, tuition reimbursement program, quarterly incorporate massage and company provided mental fitness app Nivati. We have a great culture, flexibility, and offer training and development opportunities.
View the Job Announcement Here: https://chinookenterprises.org/position-opening-admin-marketing-assistant/