Production Technician - Mechanic I (Aerospace Mechanical Assembly)
Production Technician – Mechanic I
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Reports To: Production Assistant Manager
Date: August 22, 2023
Description of Company:
Chinook Enterprises is a non-profit organization that was founded in 1980. We are a non-profit designed to operate as a business, but with a social mission: supporting full participation in community life for people with disabilities or other barriers. Full participation must start with successful employment.
About the Position:
The Production Technician – Mechanic I position is a full time, non-exempt position which functions within the Production Department of the agency. The position comes under the direct supervision of the Production Assistant Manager. As production requirements vary, this position will be called upon to fill needs as they occur in various areas within the Production Department. On a daily basis, the individual will perform tasks in mechanical assembly, seat track assembly, tooling and/or bonding fabrication.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Other duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Perform daily assigned tasks as directed in mechanical assembly, seat track assembly, tooling or bonding.
- Perform the function of preparing the documentation of Boeing Seat Track orders under the direction of the Production Planner.
- Review work orders, gather all materials and verify the materials and the work orders match.
- Complete the FAI (First Article Inspection) worksheets and verify any special instructions.
- Safely operate the “tiger stop,” compressed air hose, vacuum hose, and router to complete seat track jobs.
- Ensure accuracy and measurements of all cuts.
- Bag, seal and label the materials.
- Complete appropriate paperwork for finishing and shipping.
- Ensure that all assigned work is done according to established quality standards.
- Report any malfunctioning equipment to the Production Supervisor. May assist in repair and /or routine maintenance of such equipment.
- Maintain a clean and safe work area and assist in the monitoring of daily shop clean-up, as assigned by supervisor.
- Work safely, report potential hazards and follow company safety standards.
- Other duties as assigned.
Essential Skills and Abilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of…
- Must be able to read and translate engineering drawings.
- Able to follow oral and written instructions and work on sequential work routines.
- Must have good mechanical aptitude, manual dexterity and hand/eye coordination.
- Able to use various types of hand tools and/or hand-held power tools and precision measuring tools.
- Must possess independent decision-making skills regarding accuracy and quality of assigned tasks.
- Ability to work independently, as well as collaboratively in a team environment.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Must possess basic math and accurate measuring skills.
- Must be willing to work non-standard working hours when contract needs demand.
- Ability to adhere to corporate policies as detailed in the Employee Policies and Procedures Handbook.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software with the ability to learn to utilize new technologies.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Mechanical experience, preferred.
- Required to submit and pass a Washington State Patrol background check as well as a DSHS background check.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to lift and/or move 5-10 pounds, with occasional lifting up to 50 pounds. The employee is regularly required to stand for long periods of time; walk; use hands to finger, handle, bend and reach with hands and arms; reach above shoulder level; and squat.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly indoors, generally sitting or standing for long periods of time. The noise level in the work environment is generally moderate, requiring the use of hearing protection. The employee will work with hazardous and variable noise equipment, including power tools and hand tools. During short intervals, may work around dust and fumes from glues, resins, sealants and other bonding agents. Appropriate personal protective equipment is required, by area.
View the Job Announcement here: https://chinookenterprises.org/position-opening-aerospace-mechanical-assembly-technician/
- We are committed to adding voices to our team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We encourage black, Indigenous and people of color (BIPOC), military veterans and spouses, individuals with disabilities, LGBTQ+ identifying individuals, and those with work gaps to apply and help us in our vision to realize a community that celebrates inclusion and diversity through innovative leadership and partnerships.
- To learn more about us, the position and to apply, please visit https://chinookenterprises.org/careers-at-chinook
- Download our application and submit it with your Cover Letter and Resume through our website. Or apply in person at: Chinook Enterprises, 2026 Laventure Rd. Mt Vernon, WA 98273
SALARY & BENEFITS
Days and Hours: Monday – Friday, 6:00 am to 2:30 pm
Starting Wage: Level I: $17.54 – $20.97 DOE
Benefits: We offer an excellent benefits package, including full coverage on medical, dental, long-term disability, life insurance, 401(k) matching retirement, 10 paid holidays, 160 hours of paid vacation, paid sick leave and an optional vision benefit that is available at a low cost. We have a great culture, flexibility, and offer training and development opportunities.
To find out more about our Production Division, check out our website: