Membership Development Director
Burlington Chamber of Commerce
Position Title: Membership Development Director
Work Schedule: 40 hours Monday – Friday, occasional weekends
Fair Labor Standards Act: Non-Exempt
Compensation: $16-20 per hour + commission
Additional benefits: cell phone and mileage reimbursement, PTO, paid holidays, medical & dental.
Position Closes: August 30, 2023
Position Summary: The Membership Development Director is the first point of contact for chamber members. The main responsibilities are growing and maintaining membership, developing the latest programs, encouraging member participation in programs, and increasing the overall retention rate. The ideal person for the position is a high-energy, polished professional with excellent relationship-building and customer service skills.
- High School degree or GED required.
- Previous experience in the Chamber of Commerce field or sales experience is preferred.
- Demonstrated dependability and personal responsibility to accomplish tasks promptly and efficiently.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively independently and as a team member.
- Demonstrates professionalism in appearance, demeanor, and communication (verbal and written).
- Ability to prospect/cold-call new businesses and upgrade and sell significant accounts.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite, and Canva.
- Experience with ChamberMaster preferred.
- Must foster the values of member relations.
- Must have/maintain a dependable vehicle.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Some lifting and carrying up to 50 pounds intermittently.
- Ability to sit, walk and stand for up to eight hours routinely.
- Ability to drive routinely.
- Membership Management
- Generates cold calls by actively seeking new businesses and following up appropriately.
- Meets with or reaches out to businesses interested in becoming a member.
- Meets quarterly and annual membership goals.
- Interacts frequently with members in person, via phone, and by email to encourage engagement, participation in events, and use of membership benefits.
- Send email invitations/reminders to members regarding Chamber events.
- Responsible for the accuracy of ChamberMaster membership data management to ensure that the information collected meets the other users' needs. Including data regarding join/drop reasons, invoices, representative changes, and ongoing communication.
- Creates, manages, and executes membership retention plan.
- Oversee collection of delayed renewals of accounts and requests for cancellation promptly.
- Membership Programs.
- Develops membership programs such as educational classes and networking opportunities.
- Assists in the planning and execution of the annual membership banquet, Berry Dairy Days, and all other chamber programs or events.
- Attends all membership meetings, mixers, and events.
- Lead Ambassador committee.
- Works with Ambassadors to maintain retention program and member outreach.
- Directs the Ambassadors regarding new members and follow-up correspondence.
- Assist in promoting and growing the Chamber Foundation.
- Provides support to the CEO and other Chamber staff as requested.
- Other duties as assigned
This description is intended to provide an overview of the responsibilities and duties of the position. It is not all-inclusive. The incumbent may be required to perform job-related responsibilities and tasks other than those stated in this document.
Send a cover letter and resume to: Steph@burlington-chamber.com