Burlington Chamber of Commerce
Job Description: Marketing/Tourism Coordinator
Send Cover Letter and Resume to: Steph@burlington-chamber.com
Position Title: Marketing/Tourism Coordinator
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday (40 hours) occasional Saturdays
Fair Labor Standards Act: Non-Exempt
Compensation: Annual pay $39,520.00 - $41,600.00
Additional benefits: Mileage Reimbursement, Phone stipend, 401K Match,** **PTO package, paid holidays, paid medical & dental.
Reports to: President and CEO
Position Summary: The Marketing/Tourism coordinator includes service to Chamber members, with event marketing, creating publications and the weekly e-news, monthly newsletter, coordinating ChamberMaster program, website maintenance, as well as general marketing and communication support responsibilities. The Marketing/Tourism coordinator is also responsible for VIC ad purchases and promotion, as well as center back-up, including coverage, greeting visitors, providing travel information, promoting the city of Burlington and Skagit County, and ensuring an ongoing supply of printed materials.
· High School degree or GED.
· Demonstrated knowledge and familiarity with the Skagit Valley and surrounding areas, and specifically of Burlington.
· Demonstrated customer service skills with a friendly, welcoming demeanor.
· Proficiency with MS Office products (especially Outlook, Excel, and Word), Squarespace, Photoshop, and InDesign are required.
· Professional experience with social media platforms preferred.
· Experience with ChamberMaster, Google Analytics, Google Suite, Hootsuite, Constant Contact and Canva is preferred.
· Demonstrated dependability, ability to work independently and to work as an effective member of a team to accomplish tasks as required.
· Experience in tourism preferred.
· Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
· Attention to detail.
· Some lifting and carrying up to 50 pounds intermittently.
· Requirements generally occurring in an office environment, including but not limited to; keyboarding, file retrieval and communication (verbal and written).
· Ability to sit, walk and stand for up to four hours routinely.
Oversees the Chamber website, including updating it with announcements, personnel, postings, and all information presented in a timely and professional manner.
Oversees the Visit Burlington WA website, including updating it with postings, current businesses, and resource information. Market/Promote Burlington as a tourist destination. All information presented in a timely and professional manner.
Oversees the Berry Dairy Days website. It will need occasional maintenance throughout the year, but this will be mostly from January – June each year that it will need to be frequently updated.
Oversees the Visit Burlington WA, Berry Dairy Days, and Burlington Chamber social media platforms in a timely manner with relevant content. This includes Meta Business Suite, Twitter, Pinterest, LinkedIn, and Google my business.
Coordinates Ad buys with various vendors within budget and creates Ads.
Creates marketing campaign plans for all tourism and chamber marketing.
Coordinates and creates weekly e-news, monthly newsletter, and at least quarterly tourism newsletters ensuring that each are distributed electronically and/or in print to the appropriate people in a timely fashion each week.
Corresponds emails with important chamber news, announcements, or pressing information that needs to be sent directly to members.
All publications, emails and communications (electronic, written and verbal) are communicated with a high level of professionalism, clearly articulated, with appropriate sentence structure, engaging graphics, and free of typographical errors. Proofreads documents to ensure accuracy and professionalism
Coordinates Marketing Committee meeting in conjunction with the goals set by the CEO.
Tracks weekly social media analytics as working to build presence there and tracks monthly website analytics
Provides back-up to the VIC Receptionist in answering phones and greeting visitors who come into the VIC. Answers telephones in a professional and friendly manner. Directs calls to the appropriate person. Provides enthusiastic, friendly, and welcoming customer service to visitors regarding tourism related inquiries and all other general inquiries. Tracks all visits and calls to the VIC in conjunction with the VIC Receptionist.
Provides support to the CEO and other Chamber staff as requested and may cross-train on various responsibilities. Assists with events as needed.
Maintains a high level of confidentiality and professionalism in the daily operation of the Chamber.
Maintains a neat, uncluttered work area to present a professional appearance to our visitors.
Other duties as assigned.
This description is intended to provide an overview of the responsibilities and duties of the position. It is not all inclusive. The incumbent may be required to perform job-related responsibilities and tasks other than those stated in this document.