Bargains Galore Thrift Store
People & HR, Customer Service, Operations · Full-time
Mt Vernon, WA, USA
40,000 – 40,000 USD per year
Posted on Thursday, March 2, 2023
Job Title: Assistant Manager
Job Category: Exempt
Department/Group: Sales Floor/Processing Floor
Job Code/ Req#: PF00
Location: Bargains Galore Thrift Store, 224 Chenoweth St, Mount Vernon, WA
Travel Required: No
Level/Salary Range: $40,000/year
Position Type: Full-Time
HR Contact: Peter Cisneros
Works in collaboration with the Store Manager to manage all aspects of store operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maximizes donations and controls inventory levels by ensuring all saleable products reach the sales floor through monitoring and coaching processing floor staff to achieve production expectations.
- Perform stock management for inventory replenishment in conjunction with the front-end supervisor.
- Assist Store Manager in the training, coaching, and feedback necessary to help staff strengthen and develop skills
- Assist and give input to Store Manager regarding workflow and proper scheduling of employees and volunteers.
- Lead donation associates in creating a friendly and engaging environment with donors.
- Give excellent customer service and remains calm and professional under stressful situations
- Maintain the processing floor and inventory in a clean, neat, and presentable way.
- Maintain a safe work environment at all times by following company safety regulations
- Work habits should include: regular attendance, punctuality, teamwork, initiative, willingness to learn, dependability and promptness
- In the absence of the Store Manager, manages the day-to-day operations as well as any employee related issues
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Accomplishes all tasks as appropriately assigned or requested by management
- Experience, Competencies and Education: High School or equivalent combination of education and experience is preferred
- One year of experience in a related field is preferred
Customer Service Skills
Must possess and consistently demonstrate the ability and willingness to utilize excellent customer service skills
Ability to read, analyze and interpret documents relating to store operations and sales
Ability to perform basic mathematical equations is preferred
Ability to follow instructions, adhere to policy, and make basic decisions
Bargains Galore Thrift Store is an equal opportunity employer.
See more open positions at Bargains Galore Thrift Store